Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

I also started commuting again this week.

Been of the bike for about 2 months.

Just been to tired and with no races to train for, I just had no motivation. Did 30km on Monday and Wednesday.

Hoping to do another commute tomorrow.

Good to be back on the bike, but my body did feel it.

Took me an hour and 15min on Wednesday evening, where it is normally a 50min ride.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realised on the way home last night that today is month end, we work late on a month end to wrap things up. So came with the car today, tomorrow I'll come with the bike again.

oh, got a PB up one of the climbs on the way home last night.

• 2 months later...

did not commute at all last week due to being sick.

This week the weather up here looks like it going to stay wet.

The weather this week makes it a no no.

Need to look at a SS so I don't wear out the drivetrain with all the mud.

Only dit 11/2 days last week.

The weather this week makes it a no no.

Need to look at a SS so I don't wear out the drivetrain with all the mud.

Only dit 11/2 days last week.

SS is a great bike to have in your commuter bike fleet!

Missed out on commuting last week.

Really enjoying it this week :)

Very weird switching from the ebike to the HT commuter ... without a boost button .... but by this afternoon I was back to my normal commute time

Missed out on commuting last week.

Really enjoying it this week :)

Very weird switching from the ebike to the HT commuter ... without a boost button .... but by this afternoon I was back to my normal commute time

:clap: were you stopping to check if the brakes were maybe dragging  :clap:

:clap: were you stopping to check if the brakes were maybe dragging :clap:

jip.....

Brakes ... check ....

Flat tires ... nope ...

Gears ... check ....

Boost .... uhm, nothing nada boggerall .... trap pappie, trap ....

Okay, once moving. Even sort off okay on the hills .... but man pulling away from a standstill .... swear those XT brakes takes 20 seconds to let go off the wheels .... :)

Edited by ChrisF

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded my first commute yesterday since a few days before lockdown. Still not commuting to work but I decided to ride over to my local coffee roaster and buy some more fresh beans. It was only a 5km round trip but the time spent there chatting to him was longer than the time on the bike. I love going there as he always invites me in for a cup and he is always roasting so doesn't like to leave it alone for long as it is a 1 man show.

No riding in the last 2 weeks.

Was sick, only the flu, then had a fall down some steps at work.

Hurt my leg, need some time to recover.

Weather is hot now, morning rides would be great.

WHOOP WHOOP, Rode to work today. First time since before lockdown. Still a mission to get through security(more just because we only have 2 gates open now and there are a lot of people for 2 gates) but they now have a wider gate which makes it easier for bicycles. It's not my usual entrance but TBH it's actually a bit easier than my usual pre SAA grounding gate so think I may keep using this entrance if or when they ever open up properly. 

EDIT: I am like 560km behind the guy in front of me so don't think I will be moving up the ladder much, if anything this year.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

WHOOP WHOOP, Rode to work today. First time since before lockdown. Still a mission to get through security(more just because we only have 2 gates open now and there are a lot of people for 2 gates) but they now have a wider gate which makes it easier for bicycles. It's not my usual entrance but TBH it's actually a bit easier than my usual pre SAA grounding gate so think I may keep using this entrance if or when they ever open up properly. 

EDIT: I am like 560km behind the guy in front of me so don't think I will be moving up the ladder much, if anything this year.

well thanks to you and all the others that did not commute this year I have made it to the first page, should grab 14th spot tomorrow.

well thanks to you and all the others that did not commute this year I have made it to the first page, should grab 14th spot tomorrow.

Ouzo did you sommer take 13th spot while you were on your way up?

We are working 2 weeks in office and 2 weeks from home, so I also started to get some commuting in again. It's slow going, but great to be back.