Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Ouzo did you sommer take 13th spot while you were on your way up?

We are working 2 weeks in office and 2 weeks from home, so I also started to get some commuting in again. It's slow going, but great to be back.

No I think I'm still sitting in 15th, 14th spot jumped about 60km since last week.

I cant loging on the web for some reason so cant check to much detail, but the phone app has me still in 15th.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also commuted yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks.

Good to be back on the bike.

See I slipped down a position.

Enjoy all at least we can still ride during all of this!

No I think I'm still sitting in 15th, 14th spot jumped about 60km since last week.

I cant loging on the web for some reason so cant check to much detail, but the phone app has me still in 15th.

Still 15th. Good going bud.

Still 15th. Good going bud.

It does help that most of the other competitors stopped commuting. :)

Going to see if I can get to 10th, but I'm very much a fair weather commuter, so lets see if the weather plays ball, it didnt today

OK .... GOING TO BE GOING BACK TO WORKING IN TOWN NEXT WEEK ... AND I AM COMING FOR YOU LOT AS I SEE THERE IS A BIT OF KM TO MAKE UP AFTER NOT LOGGING ANY COMMUTES FOR THE LAST SEVEN MONTHS ! ! ! 

post-5403-0-61646800-1603788307_thumb.jpg

OK .... GOING TO BE GOING BACK TO WORKING IN TOWN NEXT WEEK ... AND I AM COMING FOR YOU LOT AS I SEE THERE IS A BIT OF KM TO MAKE UP AFTER NOT LOGGING ANY COMMUTES FOR THE LAST SEVEN MONTHS ! ! ! 

Ag no man Hairy - I was hoping to catch you before the end of next week.

How far do you guys commute ?

Total round trip for me is 33km.

Hairy I dont think I'm any threat to you or Cat-i even if you log no more commutes for the rest of the year.

Hairy I dont think I'm any threat to you or Cat-i even if you log no more commutes for the rest of the year.

My round trip is 50km and about 600m elevation. I am currently in 2nd and absolutely loving been able to ride to work again. That said, rain or shine, commuting is awesome.

Looking forward to it Hairy!!!  :clap:

My round trip is 50km and about 600m elevation. I am currently in 2nd and absolutely loving been able to ride to work again. That said, rain or shine, commuting is awesome.

I've got a total of 300m elevation for my 33km.

keen to know elevation on my commuting route, but i do not have Strava, if anyone can give me rough calc?

30.1 km, Shropshire Street, Paarden Eiland to TOP of Baviaanskloof Road, Hout Bay...

thanks, Chris

Edited by Zebra

a fraction short on 50km return trip ... elevation .. never heard of her!

It will be interesting to see the distance change as I may be taking a different route via the N1 to avoid the dodgy cycle lane sections as our commute group has fallen apart thanks to Covid, and there will not always be a group to ride with.

keen to know elevation on my commuting route, but i do not have Strava, if anyone can give me rough calc?

30.1 km, Shropshire Street, Paarden Eiland to TOP of Baviaanskloof Road, Hout Bay...

thanks, Chris

Stick the route into Komoot, it should give you elevation

Weekly reports of attacks in the Spruit, so the fun singletracksections are off limits for now - which means most is tar now. This morning's ride was 14 km with 300m ascent. Joburg is not flat, which is great for using commutes as training.

thanks, Chris

What device you using to record your ride?