Please help me choose dropper post thanks

antvichugo

Hi guys, I have a Silverback Stride XS (https://silverbacklab.com/bike-model/mountainbikes/stride-29-sx/)

and would like add a dropper post

Been searching around and found these 2 for under R3k:

LYNE CONTOUR DROPPER POST- 30.9MM X 150MM INTERNAL V2.0:

https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/collections/dropper-posts/products/lyne-contour-dropper-post-30-9mm-x-150mm-internal-v2-0

GIANT CONTACT SL SWITCH SEAT POST:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/giant-contact-sl-switch-seat-post

Which would you go for please?

Much appreciated

Ant

Edited by antvichugo

You'll struggle to find a reason to not get the Lyne. I'm running the external routed one in my bike in a 120mm and it's great. A mate of mine replaced his reverb with the one you're after and reckons there's no real difference.

Just make sure you are getting the right option - 150mm is alot of drop, which is great but it means that your saddle does stick out alot. What's the measurement from the top of your seat clamp to the seatpost rail on your current setup? If that is less than 220mm you probably need a shorter drop.

Thanks! A friend also recommend the Lyne, thing is I can get the Giant for R2399 @ Solomons which is a great price... I'll go measure all to be 100% sure many thanks

You'll struggle to find a reason to not get the Lyne. I'm running the external routed one in my bike in a 120mm and it's great. A mate of mine replaced his reverb with the one you're after and reckons there's no real difference.

Just make sure you are getting the right option - 150mm is alot of drop, which is great but it means that your saddle does stick out alot. What's the measurement from the top of your seat clamp to the seatpost rail on your current setup? If that is less than 220mm you probably need a shorter drop.

Thanks! Any idea where we can get it locally please?

Have a look at an X-Fusion Manic. More metal parts than the Giant and the Lyne. Smoother than both as well and with a great 1x lever.

Thanks! A friend also recommend the Lyne, thing is I can get the Giant for R2399 @ Solomons which is a great price... I'll go measure all to be 100% sure many thanks

Have had 2 Giants, 4 Lynes. Quite honestly, the Giant posts are absolute rubbish - the Lyne ones are brilliant and after sales service by Dayle is top notch.

Can vouch for the Lyne, it's much better than the Giant, my Giant has seized up now and will cost about R800 for a new cartridge, it's also the 2nd time it has seized.

I'd go for the Lyne, you can purchase a service kit for R199 and service it yourself.

Once the Giant seizes or rattles excessively you have to either replace the cartridge or replace the entire post.

Here's the video that you need to watch before choosing the correct size:

You can't go wrong with Dayle's service!

More instructional Lyne videos here:

https://www.lynecomponents.com/videos

I don't have any experience with the X Fusion post.

Lyne or otherwise Rapidé dropper.

Good support, spares are available and price is right.

Won't easily find a bad review on the Lyne.

Giant works, but isn't really serviceable, only the cartridges can be replaced and every time Giant releases a new post they stop supporting the older gen posts and cartridges.

Thanks for the input guys. I’m also in the market for a dropper post and on a budget. I did some homework and these 2 posts looked like the best value for money. The Lyne does have more positive reviews and it’s a local brand. 

I'm an out and out RockShox man but I struggle to justify anything more expensive than the Lyne-Components dropper post. It just works and the V2 is really great value for money. Unless you have R10k to blow on a Rock Shox AXS Reverb.... or the new C2 version with mechanical lever (twist or trigger)