Chain Lube (best for general use)?

Jaco Steyn

I prefer White Lightning - the wax base doesn't make as much of a mess (or chainring-tattoo's) and is ok for dry weather riding

I've used Finish Line WET for my MTBThumbs%20Up and the DRY for my Road bike, lately I'm using White Lightning EPIC for both. Used Squirt before asswell and no problems whatsoever.Thumbs%20Up

Used White Lightning EPIC now this past weekend at Rhaodes where there was a lot of mud and water and it worked like a dream!!!!Clap

I'm a SQUIRT type of guy.

7 replies - 5 use squirt on their MTB's. We all can't be wrong ! LOL

Squirt on road bike. Will proberbly on MTB aswell. Oh forgot the "why" part. It really goes on easy and stays clean. Comes off easy with parrafin.Mampara2006-10-26 01:08:38

I've been using wet Finish Line X-Country on both the roadbike and the MTB.  On the roadbike I have no complaints, yet on the MTB it seems to wear off very quickly.  I can't recommend anything, but would suggest that you stay away from Finish Line Cross Country for MTB applications.

Squirt on MTB' date=' White Lightning on road bike [/quote']

Same combination as Ewep. White Lighting Epic is best.

We used SQUIRT for Offroad on the Tandem for 14 months in very aggressive, dusty conditions. We rode at least 5 to 6 times a week and did approx 3500km. The road is now surfaced and we are using SQUIRT for road bike.... yes on the MTB Tandem!!!!! and he loves it. SQUIRT is optimal for our conditions as there is minimal mess and minimal wax buildup. We experienced excessive buildup when using White Lightning with resulting chain stiffness during the winter months. We destroyed several chains this way. No damage since using SQUIRT. This topic was extensively covered on www.bikeforums.net and cyclists worldwide reported on the excessive wax buildup with WL.

I find that Squirt doesn't have any sort of buildup as Big H stated the reason for this though is that is buggers off and leaves you with a dry chain, normally about halfway through a race. Currently I use WL Epic on road and Mtb but if it's really muddy (Last half of TransBaviaans) I switch to Motorex Wet Lube.

I use White Lightening EPIC and it works like a bomb. The only gripe I have is that it is quite messy - those chain rings tattoos are embarressing me all the time!!