Olympics

tinmug

Ladies XCO upside-down with Jolanda Neff compromised, and now Pauline Ferrand-Prevot's iliac endofibrosis needing surgery again. Wonder if Batty will be up to form when the racing season starts (after supposedly changing her diet last year). 

Anyone know if Mathieu van der Poel is racing XCO in the Olympics?

I'm hoping for Jenny and Mathieu

Second choice would be Belomoina and Fluckinger (spelling is probably terrible sorry)

Ladies XCO upside-down with Jolanda Neff compromised, and now Pauline Ferrand-Prevot's iliac endofibrosis needing surgery again. Wonder if Batty will be up to form when the racing season starts (after supposedly changing her diet last year). 

MvdP has said that his main goal for 2020 is the Olympic XCO. He has been building towards it for the last 18 months.

He originally said in early 2019 that he probably wouldn't be picked for the Road Race, so he had put most of his eggs in the XCO basket.

I'm not sure if that has changed since his performances after that press release though

MvdP has said that his main goal for 2020 is the Olympic XCO. He has been building towards it for the last 18 months.

Nino must be having sleepless nights then ... :whistling:   

Nino must be having sleepless nights then ... :whistling:   

Ja... I would say he is.

I have mixed feelings. It would be cool to see Nino bow out with a last win, but it would also be cool to see him beaten on the big stage before bowing out.

For me it's a race for 3rd for everyone else.

Yeah I agree, my woman's favourites for xco is falling apart unfortunately.

I would love Batty to be back but I am not hopeful. Unless something drastic has changed since last year. She wasn't anywhere last year, mentally or physically.

Yeah I agree, my woman's favourites for xco is falling apart unfortunately.

I would love Batty to be back but I am not hopeful. Unless something drastic has changed since last year. She wasn't anywhere last year, mentally or physically.

Jenny all the way... Or Candybear is in with a shot if the other top 20 ladies all crash out between now and then!