Rear shock mounting bolts

Randall7

Good day all,

I am looking for rear shock mounting bolts for my Blackspade DS. 33.5mm long and 8mm diameter. I have tried quite a few LBS to no avail. I can get them from oversees BS but surely there must be in SA somewhere!!!

zoom_1576823.jpg

Have you tried Mt nut and bolt

Good day all,

I am looking for rear shock mounting bolts for my Blackspade DS. 33.5mm long and 8mm diameter. I have tried quite a few LBS to no avail. I can get them from oversees BS but surely there must be in SA somewhere!!!

zoom_1576823.jpg

Good day all,

zoom_1576823.jpg

Have you tried Mt nut and bolt

No. where are they situated. I'm based in Nelspruit. I've tried this side and a few LBS in Pretoria. But surely a person shouldn't have to get from a nut and bolt supplier but get from a proper bike shop. 

I doubt you would get those from a bolt shop, i would hazard a guess they are OEM specific to your frame.

Is there a local importer for your frame ?

Maybe best bet is a machine shop to turn them for you, but would that be cheaper than ordering from OS ?

you never know, i got nuts and o rings from them for my Rockymountain that worked.

I doubt you would get those from a bolt shop, i would hazard a guess they are OEM specific to your frame.

Maybe best bet is a machine shop to turn them for you, but would that be cheaper than ordering from OS ?

Blackspade is an open mould chinese frame so the bolts are unlikely to be OE specific and are probably available through a bolt supplier. Also for the OP ...expecting a bike shop to specifically have mounting bolts for each and every bike on the market is not reasonable, especially for a bike such as Blackspade of which there are hardly any in the marketplace.

Blackspade is an open mould chinese frame so the bolts are unlikely to be OE specific and are probably available through a bolt supplier. Also for the OP ...expecting a bike shop to specifically have mounting bolts for each and every bike on the market is not reasonable, especially for a bike such as Blackspade of which there are hardly any in the marketplace.

That be my point - whoever brought the frame in and built up the bike, i doubt the frame came from China with the bolts - I seem to remember a guy on the hub who was bringing in frames and selling them as blackspade, maybe he knows where to get them

Thanks guys. I have contacted Blackspade directly. they dont have them either but they refered me to some places.  

I might have some for you as I have complete sets of mounting hardware and bearings for the Edge Design dual suspension frames which were similar to the BS. I'll check this evening if I have the ones you're looking for (PM me tonight and remind me if you don't hear back).

You can also try Adrenaline bikes 082567357  and Hurricane bikes 021 979 3622 both open mould chinese frames, the bolts look the same on the Adrenaline i think.

Just spoke to my LBS give him a call he says he has sum lying around 0722676619 Knipe Racing speak to  Louis

I might have some for you as I have complete sets of mounting hardware and bearings for the Edge Design dual suspension frames which were similar to the BS. I'll check this evening if I have the ones you're looking for (PM me tonight and remind me if you don't hear back).

Thanks very much. My LBS here in nelspruit said they managed to source for me. but please if you have keep to one side just in case. i will let you know by tomorrow. thanks again