This is what a **** looks like

crashtestdummy

Calling out this ******** for a close pass on my wife today near the Meadowridge shopping centre in CT today. When confronted his response was "what you complaining about, I didn't hit you". What a total chop, if I ever .....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe you have sufficient grounds to lay a charge against him, why not do so?

E.g. W Cape 1.5m passing distance, witnesses, identification etc.

Correction. WCape is 1.0 m

Typical response I get often. I saw you, or same as OP Idid not hit you.

What have you done about it? Coming here to rant ain't going to solve anything. Did you go to the cops and lay a charge? You lucky to have that 1.0M law in CPT, use it to your advantage. I get your frustration but if we all started threads every time we had a close pass, the forums would be full.

I am glad your wife wasn't knocked off her bike. You have a positive number plate, take it further, legally, not the boytjie route.

What have you done about it? Coming here to rant ain't going to solve anything. Did you go to the cops and lay a charge? You lucky to have that 1.0M law in CPT, use it to your advantage. I get your frustration but if we all started threads every time we had a close pass, the forums would be full.

I am glad your wife wasn't knocked off her bike. You have a positive number plate, take it further, legally, not the boytjie route.

Do you really think the cops are going to do (or be able to do) anything? OP would need to provide positive proof of the crime, which is probably not possible.

He's already called out the driver to his face, so the driver is now aware that he passed too close - and knowing that riders need more room is half the battle won imo. What more do you expect to be within the practical realm of possibilities here?

if we all started threads every time we had a close pass, the forums would be full.

Unfortunately true... and unfortunately there isn't a day out on the scenic route to chappies without a single "incident" like these at the moment... Hopefully now that all the joburg people are back at work things will cool down a bit, unfortunately we'll still have our local idiots...

Do you really think the cops are going to do (or be able to do) anything? OP would need to provide positive proof of the crime, which is probably not possible.

He's already called out the driver to his face, so the driver is now aware that he passed too close - and knowing that riders need more room is half the battle won imo. What more do you expect to be within the practical realm of possibilities here?

So then why even come on to this forum and call the driver a d**s, post a picture of him and his number plate?

I am not defending the driver but I do not understand what the OP is trying to achieve.

Like you said, "He's already called out the driver to his face, so the driver is now aware that he passed too close".

Everybody here goes "lay a charge"....warra warra........

Are you guys living overseas of just insanely naive to think something will be done about it by the SA cops?

+1.

Can someone please give us one example ... just one, where there was a successful charge laid with someone passing to close by.  Hopping on a internet thread posting pic would not do anything as well as so called d**s is propably not on here in anyway.  (Must say I was hoping for a different pic :ph34r: )

+1.

Can someone please give us one example ... just one, where there was a successful charge laid with someone passing to close by.  Hopping on a internet thread posting pic would not do anything as well as so called d**s is propably not on here in anyway.  (Must say I was hoping for a different pic :ph34r: )

It's a pleasure... :ph34r:

post-52018-0-93378200-1578550971_thumb.jpg

I don't know how serious the cops in CPT are. They created the 1.0M law, it's up to them to act on the law they created.

I had a a guy brush me a few years back. I rode straight to the cops without even having a picture but I remembered his number plate. The cops took a statement. Nothing happened after that, that I am aware of but at least I did what I am meant to do. My hope is that if one day his details get reported again and somehow my report pops up then he is a repeat offender and then maybe something might be done. You right, nothing will probably be done but at least I can bitch and moan about the cops because I actually laid a charge. It's like the people who complain about the government but never voted.

heres I thought I had a few weeks back after a particularly close shave with a car.

I screamed and swore as is the natural reaction to nearly loosing your life, but what if we can stop the motorist, calm ourselves down (easier said than done) and very politely ask the driver for a chat.

Then in as nice a possible way as you can under the circumstances explain to him why you need the extra space when being passed.

Obviously all easier said than done, but if we take the time to educate maybe, just maybe, if the stars and moon aline we can get some change happening