Pyga Mobu

Ke_Malose

going to be curious to know what mine will come in at...

Pyga Marathon Carbon rims,

ChrisKing ISO hubs and BB

XTR DI2 groupset - XT Crank and a XT Stages PM.

Thomson seatpost Masterpiece /stem X4 and their carbon flat Handlebar

XTR SPD Trail pedals.

Carbon bottle cage.

Rockshox SID comp 120mm 2019 forks.

Vittori 2.30 front and 2.35 rear.

would be happy if I hit 11Kg's. MyStage is slightly over 12kg atm with a XT DI2 groupset.

and ditto on Matthys's passion, we've met once/twice at B&B...

G

When I met this guy I sent Pyga a message complimenting them because his passion for the brand was so apparent

I have a weight weenie issue that can rear it’s obsessive head occasionally - my Mobu with pedals, 2 cages and garmin Mount should sneak in under 10kgs

Edited by awesme

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going to be curious to know what mine will come in at...

Pyga Marathon Carbon rims,

ChrisKing ISO hubs and BB

XTR DI2 groupset - XT Crank and a XT Stages PM.

Thomson seatpost Masterpiece /stem X4 and their carbon flat Handlebar

XTR SPD Trail pedals.

Carbon bottle cage.

Rockshox SID comp 120mm 2019 forks.

Vittori 2.30 front and 2.35 rear.

would be happy if I hit 11Kg's. MyStage is slightly over 12kg atm with a XT DI2 groupset.

and ditto on Matthys's passion, we've met once/twice at B&B...

G

My stage got to 10.98 all in and I had parts for the mobu that could have dropped it

Clearly you spend more time riding yours and worrying about the right things whilst I weigh each part and then run spreadsheets????

Edited by Waynemol

hehehe, I"m not any where close to the skill level to worry about the 100gram here or there, that last sip of juice from my camelbak is weighing more than what i can safe off the bike.

I rather have it very dependable. 

On my Stage, I originally build it XT, then upgrade the XT to DI2 and moved the XT to my Pga OneTwenty650b...

As I got the XT DI2 groupset, about a hour after I paid for it, and it shipped, Pat dropped me a line, as he heard i was looking for DI2 groupset and mentioned he has a brand spanking new, 2-3 hours on it XTR Di2 groupset he wants to sell, it's not to his liking... well I thought... well I know i will build another bike at some point... and sorta knew Pat was busy with something, this was before we were offered the MoBu... I know he was busy... just not what yet, so took the groupset.

Then the frame came out, I stuck my hand up, again... ye having Stage #1 (order at night during launch/unfailing in Cpt) and had the 650b #1 (Pat was still thinking bout it, drawing pencil drawings, think it was June 2012...) how could i not want MoBu also...

might have to put a spreadsheet together some time with the parts and their weight...

G

My stage got to 10.98 all in and I had parts for the mobu that could have dropped it
Clearly you spend more time riding yours and worrying about the right things whilst I weigh each part and then run spreadsheets

Looking at MTB'ing now... wish I still stayed in George...

if I only knew all this back when we were there early 80's...

G

Haha this cracks me up! :)

Sorry Wayne, didn't recognise you but Im sure I did say hello... haha! 

Guys, looks are important yes but there's a whole other discussion being missed here.

The Pyga Mobu is NEXT LEVEL, like the Stage was 5-6 years ago, this thing is that same leap into the future, mark my words. 

On looks, I haven't heard any other comments on first looks than "that is a beast" "looks so fast" "have never seen anything like it" and I'm aslo not a raw carbon fan but when you appreciate the fact that these layers have been done by HAND, by a single person right here in beautiful SA then you realise its an work of art. Patrick always said that the precision of carbon layers done right, should never be hidden... it should be something to be proud of. 

With all that in mind, the raw carbon has really grown on me and Im always super proud to show of this beast. 

Wayne, I'd love for you to see the artwork up close and personal...

Please send me a whatsapp: 0836508141

For the record, our Mobu bikes Cape Epic race ready with burley tyres, tyre inserts, sealant, 2 bottle cages AND a dropper post as we would have lined up at Epic comes in at 11.3kg

Without dropper (normal seatpost and seat) and tyre inserts, with lighter tyres and normal amount of sealant, pedals and 1 bottle cage my Mobu weighs in at 10.4kg (Race ready as I would ride at any other race) 

10.4kg for a 120mm travel all round MONSTER that can out climb any 100mm bike out there, c'mon... ;)

I cant say much more than that so its up to you guys to find out for yourselfs... 

or Maybe Wayne might want to do the calc/assist... if supplied with detail inventory... to scratch his weigh wheenie itch...

G

hehehe, I"m not any where close to the skill level to worry about the 100gram here or there, that last sip of juice from my camelbak is weighing more than what i can safe off the bike.

I rather have it very dependable. 

On my Stage, I originally build it XT, then upgrade the XT to DI2 and moved the XT to my Pga OneTwenty650b...

As I got the XT DI2 groupset, about a hour after I paid for it, and it shipped, Pat dropped me a line, as he heard i was looking for DI2 groupset and mentioned he has a brand spanking new, 2-3 hours on it XTR Di2 groupset he wants to sell, it's not to his liking... well I thought... well I know i will build another bike at some point... and sorta knew Pat was busy with something, this was before we were offered the MoBu... I know he was busy... just not what yet, so took the groupset.

Then the frame came out, I stuck my hand up, again... ye having Stage #1 (order at night during launch/unfailing in Cpt) and had the 650b #1 (Pat was still thinking bout it, drawing pencil drawings, think it was June 2012...) how could i not want MoBu also...

might have to put a spreadsheet together some time with the parts and their weight...

G

or Maybe Wayne might want to do the calc/assist... if supplied with detail inventory... to scratch his weigh wheenie itch...

G

happily, have the spreadsheet waiting, love doing it

What isn't on my spreadsheet is the extra 5 kilos (maybe more) that I'm packing

Looking at MTB'ing now... wish I still stayed in George...

if I only knew all this back when we were there early 80's...

G

endless, egoless, relatively safe solo miles.........cycling paradise regardless of what style of bike you ride

It's the carbon fibre look that inspired the East Rand to layer their cars with this...but in my mind, that's how carbon fibre should look

Hey watchit!!

It's the carbon fibre look that inspired the East Rand to layer their cars with this...but in my mind, that's how carbon fibre should look

I'll say it again..

Hey watchit!!

Edited by CAAD4

Like the turbo trainer I'm just not getting the 'feels' as the cool kids say, trying hard to like the look but just can't... I'm sure it'll make you faster though [emoji6]

Looks are in the eye of the beholder, my eye is a bit skeef on this one.

Too much seat tube above the top tube. Frame looks too small.

I like that kink on the top tube. But the straight line to the seat tube and on to the rear axle... not so sure. If the bike is in sag, does that line look bent?

Not sure where everyone is getting the bare frame weight for the MoBu...

A target weight have been communicated by Pyga, not an official final weight, stand to be corrected.

G