Triathlon - new or used decent quality road bike?

burgertmaree

Throwing out a question to the community for advice - need a road bike for first triathlon entered, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg (up to R10k, ideally slightly under). Any decent choices new or used? Thank you ????

Hi and welcome to the hub.

Check the classifieds, there will be plenty in your budget.  You wanting to compete or just finish your first triathlon as this will have an impact on whether you consider a more aero bike or one with a more relaxed geometry.

As long as the road bike does not have an integrated aero handlebars then you will be able to consider putting clip on triathlon bar extensions.

If you are asking for choices, you might want to advise of size of bike so that some can give recommendations from the classifieds.

And good luck with your training for your first triathlon

Edited by shaper

As long as the road bike does not have an integrated aero handlebars then you will be able to consider putting clip on triathlon bar extensions.

Not always a limitation because some manufacturers make clip-ons for their integrated bars (e.g. Canyon H36).

That said, it is MUCH easier to find clip-ons if you go for a standard handlebar  :thumbup: