Sani2c 2020 solo riders in need of partners

KirJOL

Hi Everyone, 

My partner has run into circumstances precluding him from doing the race. I am now solo and looking for a new partner to do the Adventure or Race with. Since the organisers explicitly mandate team entries, I think this could be a good platform for other solo riders to connect and find partners to do the race with. If you are interested, please inbox me and we can have a phone call to see if we could train and race well together. 

My skill level is intermediate to advanced (especially in technical descents). Fitness is good to great, with a lot of work planned for the lead up to the race. Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/946755

• 3 weeks later...

No offense meant with my post, but what classifies as "Fitness is good to great"? I mean you've only done 1937.1 km for the whole of 2019 and currently you only have 181 km for Jan. Yes the elevation is good but what about some more time in the saddle?

No offense meant with my post, but what classifies as "Fitness is good to great"? I mean you've only done 1937.1 km for the whole of 2019 and currently you only have 181 km for Jan. Yes the elevation is good but what about some more time in the saddle?

Have to agree on this.........I can barely hang on to the racing bunches these days but if we have to fork out profiles and I compare my stats with yours...........

You are in one hell of a surprise me thinks.  

Or maybe you are just hiding your rides on Strava.  

Good luck to you!

post-25-0-63081000-1580302894_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spinnekop

Bliksem Spinnekop 30 rides in 29 days!! kan sien hoekom jy so sterk is.

Have to agree on this.........I can barely hang on to the racing bunches these days but if we have to fork out profiles and I compare my stats with yours...........

You are in one hell of a surprise me thinks.  

Or maybe you are just hiding your rides on Strava.  
Good luck to you!

Bliksem Spinnekop 30 rides in 29 days!! kan sien hoekom jy so sterk is.

Wat scary is, is ek doen omtrent die HELFTE wat van die VB Vets voorste manne doen.......Daars altyd 'n groter vis in die dam.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents, just to clarify my statement. 

I only got a Garmin computer towards the end of last year, prior to which I barely ever tracked my rides using my cellphone. Secondly, during the week I train in the gym, and don't upload these to Strava. I can by no means compare to some of the serious distance and climbing you guys have posted here, but I do consider myself quite formidable. 

Anyways, I've managed to find a partner but if you guys make it to the race, maybe we can camp and hang out together? 

P.S. Sani2C have just opened up opportunity for solo riders, in case the search is unsuccessful. Unless you guys just came here to bash my dismal stats  :lol:

Hi Gents, just to clarify my statement. 

I only got a Garmin computer towards the end of last year, prior to which I barely ever tracked my rides using my cellphone. Secondly, during the week I train in the gym, and don't upload these to Strava. I can by no means compare to some of the serious distance and climbing you guys have posted here, but I do consider myself quite formidable. 

Anyways, I've managed to find a partner but if you guys make it to the race, maybe we can camp and hang out together? 

P.S. Sani2C have just opened up opportunity for solo riders, in case the search is unsuccessful. Unless you guys just came here to bash my dismal stats  :lol:

Nothing wrong with being confident!

Edited by River Rat