UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/28/2021 at 5:39 PM, Stretch said:

no one gonna beat Nino schurter in that list...but then its a vote system and pinkbike readers are not XC fans really

On 5/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, Grease_Monkey said:

Dunno about that. I would argue Minaar’s achievements outshine Nino’s. Nino is great, but he still hasn’t matched Absalon’s win record. Greg on the other hand still holds the most wins, most podiums, and over a much longer period of time beating the best of the best in the last 4 or 5 generations of riders. And based on last year’s results he is not slowing down any time soon. Nino may still equal and overtake Absalon’s record this year, but I don’t think he will ever be as dominant as Greg.

Hard to compare apples with pears though...

Coming back to this debate.. Without having the exact stats in front of me, I'd guess that Greg has been competing for much longer than Nino? So one could argue that Nino achieved more in a shorter space of time. Also, he went a full season unbeaten, no? He has stiff competition from MVDP , Pidcock and others, but I'm pretty sure he'll surpass Absalon's record at some stage.

Anyways, I agree this is comparing apples with pears. Both great champions in their respective disciplines. 

4 minutes ago, leeubok said:

Coming back to this debate.. Without having the exact stats in front of me, I'd guess that Greg has been competing for much longer than Nino? So one could argue that Nino achieved more in a shorter space of time. Also, he went a full season unbeaten, no? He has stiff competition from MVDP , Pidcock and others, but I'm pretty sure he'll surpass Absalon's record at some stage.

Anyways, I agree this is comparing apples with pears. Both great champions in their respective disciplines. 

It's only for the last decade. Greg's been dominant over 2 decades... But ninos dominance has been compressed into 1.... The decade in question

As mentioned this is not comparing apples with apples.  They are both great champions in two very different disciplines.

If we want to compare, do so with Nino vs Julien and Greg vs Aaron.

Edited by TheoG

59 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It's only for the last decade. Greg's been dominant over 2 decades... But ninos dominance has been compressed into 1.... The decade in question

And Nino will not still be winning races at 40, like Greg is going to ???? 

On 6/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, Stretch said:

The fact that Greg is still racing at the level he is considering all the risks involved with DH and the margin of error which is tiny, you can make a mistake in XCO and it may not cost you the race, but a small mistake in DH can be the difference between winning and ending off the podium.. Greg wins hand down ????

Edited by Gen

Sorry If its been mentioned somewhere. Are we doing a fantasy league, and if so, what's it called - password etc.

2 hours ago, Gen said:

The fact that Greg is still racing at the level he is considering all the risks involved with DH and the margin of error which is tiny, you can make a mistake in XCO and it may not cost you the race, but a small mistake in DH can be the difference between winning and ending off the podium.. Greg wins hand down ????

Don't disagree with the statement... But as far as the last decade goes.. Rachel Atherton would rank higher than Greg... But I still think nino wins