Hairy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

What the heck was that race tape doing in the Bull-Dog's way at the end there? ????

11 minutes ago, Mike Mac said:

What is the purpose of the whistle you hear the whole time? 

To alert people on or pff the trqck that someone is approaching at high speed and could potentially get hurt/hirt someone if they were to hit an obstacle/person

The results are in from timed training in Les Gets.

Results:

Elite Women

1st. Nina Hoffmann: 4:38.956
2nd. Vali Höll: 4:43.011
3rd. Camille Balanche: 4:56.645
4th. Frida Ronning: 5:04.388
5th. Monika Hrastnik: 5:11.090

Elite Men

1st. Troy Brosnan: 3:44.165
2nd. Bernard Kerr: 3:44.331
3rd. Greg Minnaar: 3:44.440
4th. Reece Wilson: 3:45.897
5th. Brendan Fairclough: 3:48.091

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/timed-training-results-from-the-les-gets-dh-world-cup-2021.html

The top men's time are super close! One more / less pedal stroke or speed tuck could make a difference.

Kinda forgot about Nina, she sat out the last round due to a light concussion iirc. It's great to have such a competitive women's field now. Would like to see Rachel vs Holl when she makes her return.

Edited by MrJacques

I recognize teeni bits of the track. The bit where the dam is is where one of the bikepark black trails start and there's a few bits where they use the black. Those jumps in the woods. are park of the black. What the video doesn't show is that those jumps are actually very large. And that hill is k@k steep

Normally you can only access the bottom half of the mountain with bikes. The top half is walkers only. Wellllll you can ride UP the fire road but why would you when you have access to the skilifts.

Edited by Duane_Bosch