UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is talk of the next EWS season being live broadcast .... that would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't find it to be a very viewer friendly track, it was enjoyable enough though.

Great seeing Greg putting down a really nice run again.

Two weeks to World Champs!

I like that track - natural and as they kept saying, one where precision was key. GM got yet another podium and is lying third overall at age 39, an age at which most people would be retired or semi-retired. 

19 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Not the most exciting race overall. Impressive margin by the men's winner! (trying not to post spoilers in case anyone hasn't watched yet).

I dunno hey. Were we watching the same race? I enjoyed this one more than most. The last 8 or so of the men were putting down some fast balls-to-the -wall runs and each one was outdoing the previous rider by some of the smallest margins. It was exciting to see.

And the women also had a stomping race. Everyone was expecting Holl to take her maiden win, but Pompon proved that she is not going to go down without a fight, and now her and Camille Balanche are tied on the points log with Tahnee and Valli also being within spitting distance from each other. The seasons are wide open and anyone's game. 

Monica Hrastnik taking the hot seat by 4 / 1000th of a second from Tahnee Seagrave was mental. Same with Laurie Greenland literally pipping Greg at the finish line by 8 /100's. Sad, but it was good racing.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I dunno hey. Were we watching the same race? I enjoyed this one more than most. The last 8 or so of the men were putting down some fast balls-to-the -wall runs and each one was outdoing the previous rider by some of the smallest margins. It was exciting to see.

And the women also had a stomping race. Everyone was expecting Holl to take her maiden win, but Pompon proved that she is not going to go down without a fight, and now her and Camille Balanche are tied on the points log with Tahnee and Valli also being within spitting distance from each other. The seasons are wide open and anyone's game. 

Monica Hrastnik taking the hot seat by 4 / 1000th of a second from Tahnee Seagrave was mental. Same with Laurie Greenland literally pipping Greg at the finish line by 8 /100's. Sad, but it was good racing.

The timing on Greenland's finish really threw me off.  It looked like it went from 3:07 to 3:08, but then it jumped back to 3:07.9 all the sudden. Even the log on the display there showed his time as 3:08.2, which would've placed him in 3rd. Dunno if it's just me.

image.png.ff89c002e7396b00e9607e6ec57a3ffc.png

Edited by stefmeister

31 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

The timing on Greenland's finish really threw me off.  It looked like it went from 3:07 to 3:08, but then it jumped back to 3:07.9 all the sudden. Even the log on the display there showed his time as 3:08.2, which would've placed him in 3rd. Dunno if it's just me.

YOH ????

If that's true then just wow. I also felt somewhat odd at his finish. I was also sure Greg had it, and then suddenly he didn't but I couldn't quite put my finger on the issue.

42 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

Ya, that was a bit weird - seemed to run over and then jump back. 

1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Ya, that was a bit weird - seemed to run over and then jump back. 

Bloody Rob Warner pushing the Brit riders ahead of the SA riders again

19 hours ago, Trashy said:

I didn't find it to be a very viewer friendly track, it was enjoyable enough though.

Great seeing Greg putting down a really nice run again.

Two weeks to World Champs!

Time to find a VPN... it's usually geo-blocked.

56 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

Time to find a VPN... it's usually geo-blocked.

I watched it live on Red Bull TV. No VPN used.