What happened to the PPA Sportifs?

Sbloomer

Right thanks.

Unfortunately will miss the century city event but please advise cat 3 that a mamil will be pitching up. Also if you could have a word with them about taking it easy on the hills in exchange for 95kg of forward momentum to hide behind on the flats I'd appreciate it.

its on the event details page normally, you can get details of the weekend past race here to get some idea:

https://www.wpcycling.com/event/western-cape-road-championships-2020/?instance_id=2297

And you enter on the wp website?

Oh and timing chips? Which ones are used?

They use the mobi technology timing system, So u get a mobi chip when u do your 1st race and its it's yours to keep(R100) then you pay R50 for your bikes number board(seat post) and your jersey number which you use for the whole season.

Nice part is Cat 3 the longest road race is about 100kms and it's generally lapa of a circuit(25kms or the 50km Paardeberg circuit) So if you can't hold on or have a Mechanical or whatever, it's really not far back to the car. Cat 1 starts 1st then Cat 2 then Cat 3, so even if you suffer a Mechanical, Cat 1 and then Cat 2 are bound to come back past Cat 3 so a vehicle will pick you up.

There are a number of road races(circuit) and then Crit races(Killarney, Ottery) during the season, you get points for every race entered and completed and then GC points for positions 1 to 10 and after 4 or 5 races start to see who is where in the points etc which is quite cool and you start racing strategically.

Also at R180 per race, if u suffer a Mechanical and get dropped etc, Ypu not really "losing out" if you don't finish if you know what I mean.

Sounds like fun --- but all this talk of going back to the car --- I don't mind solo time trialing - been dropped many times and I just noodle along collecting other stragglers as i go and finish regardless.

They use the mobi technology timing system, So u get a mobi chip when u do your 1st race and its it's yours to keep(R100) then you pay R50 for your bikes number board(seat post) and your jersey number which you use for the whole season.

Nice part is Cat 3 the longest road race is about 100kms and it's generally lapa of a circuit(25kms or the 50km Paardeberg circuit) So if you can't hold on or have a Mechanical or whatever, it's really not far back to the car. Cat 1 starts 1st then Cat 2 then Cat 3, so even if you suffer a Mechanical, Cat 1 and then Cat 2 are bound to come back past Cat 3 so a vehicle will pick you up.

There are a number of road races(circuit) and then Crit races(Killarney, Ottery) during the season, you get points for every race entered and completed and then GC points for positions 1 to 10 and after 4 or 5 races start to see who is where in the points etc which is quite cool and you start racing strategically.

Also at R180 per race, if u suffer a Mechanical and get dropped etc, Ypu not really "losing out" if you don't finish if you know what I mean.

Right thanks.

Unfortunately will miss the century city event but please advise cat 3 that a mamil will be pitching up. Also if you could have a word with them about taking it easy on the hills in exchange for 95kg of forward momentum to hide behind on the flats I'd appreciate it.

Lol the best part is there aren't many "big climbs", Just mainly drags. Windemeul, R312 up to R44, the drag up to the Prison(Paardeberg Rd I think) those are the only real uphills. Cat 3 average during road races is usually 35km/h or below.

You'll be just fine Mamil. I've seen you ride before, you ride together during the Simonsvlei PPA race and you've just gotten better since then.

Sounds like fun --- but all this talk of going back to the car --- I don't mind solo time trialing - been dropped many times and I just noodle along collecting other stragglers as i go and finish regardless.

Lol I dont mean being dropped, I mean if there is a mechanical or puncture as there are no seeded bunches starting behind Cat 3 to jump back into, if you take a bit long, Cat 1 might then catch up and then Cat 2.. You could always jump on the back there and hang on.

Right thanks.

Century City is basically like a season "curtain raiser".. Free race, No entry fee, No podium prize money and also no point awarded, Just an "ice breaker" for the season ahead. Doesn't really have a huge turn out

And dont forget about the best 4 Day road stage race that forms part of the WP league and its absolutely dog cheap to enter compared to MTB and other stage races.

Cyclopaths Heritage Cycle Tour - over September 24th period.

Edited by Bankie99

And dont forget about the best 4 Day road stage race that forms part of the WP league and its absolutely dog cheap to enter compared to MTB and other stage races.

Cyclopaths Heritage Cycle Tour - over September 24th period.

Thanks Lloyd...

Lol

But one must agree, This event will only grow in future I'm pretty sure.