2020 Tour de Zwift

JohanDiv

Any of the hubbers doing the 2020 Tour de Zwift races and rides?

I did Stage 1 race, the Stage 1 long ride, and Stage 2 race this week, FTP got bumped up twice doing these races. They tend to make you push that bit extra it seems! Max HR turned at 198 in yesterday's sprint finish.

Anyways, thought the guys doing some of the stages could post the events and times they are planning to do here so the rest of us could join in. Would be fun if we could get a few hubbers together in a race and maybe dish some hurt out at the front(...of the Cat C races)!

I did the Stage 1 long ride on Tuesday, it did not go so well - HR simply too high right from the start, and crawled up Leith hill.

Was going to do Stage 2 last night, but internet issues thanks to the cable breaks said no. So I rode on Rouvy instead. At least I felt better than Tuesday.

I will probably try to do stage 2 on Sunday evening, if I am able to login by then.

Leith Hill broke me!! I didn't read the route description beforehand and obviously left nothing in the tank for that hilltop finish. Was hanging on in the Top 50, then I think over a hundred riders passed me on that climb.

Last night Stage 2 (Cat C) went better. Was mixing it at the front, but at the final sprint for the line it became apparent that I was just holding on for dear life while the rest of the guys in the front group were holding back for the sprint..Ended 13/309

I am going to try to do the long ride of Stage 3 tonight.

Epic KOM is ok... at least it doesn't include the %^@!$% radio tower.

I am definitely not looking forward to Stage 4 though - I hate that climb. Note to self - buy a 11-30 cassette for the trainer

I'm missed stages 1 and 2, I'll do stage 3 probs tomorrow as I'm riding at Killarney tonight. Long time since I've raced on zwift, it usually gets very frustrating as most of the time at least my cadence meter stops transmitting, if not sometimes the whole indoor trainer making me stop on the side of the road...

I'm missed stages 1 and 2, I'll do stage 3 probs tomorrow as I'm riding at Killarney tonight. Long time since I've raced on zwift, it usually gets very frustrating as most of the time at least my cadence meter stops transmitting, if not sometimes the whole indoor trainer making me stop on the side of the road...

You'll be able to catch up the stages you missed in the week after the tour luckily.

You using bluetooth or Ant+ to connect? When I started using the Ant+ dongle all drop-out issues was a thing of the past. 

mmmh at the moment I'm using companion on my iphone that does all the pairing and gathering of data and sends it to the macbook.

Before then I'm not sure what I was using. Might try the ant+ dongle on the macbook see if it works better, I've only used it on the PC before, don't recall it was working better though, I'll check !

I have completed stage 1 and 2 long rides. Stage 2 KOM at the end nearly killed me. That climb goes on forever! A lot of people go hard in the beginning and then start going backwards when the climbing starts.

Both events were 1500+ riders. One continuous line of riders until the climbing starts and the gaps appear. 

I am doing stage 3 long ride tonight at 7pm. I think it is Watopia.

I have completed stage 1 and 2 long rides. Stage 2 KOM at the end nearly killed me. That climb goes on forever! A lot of people go hard in the beginning and then start going backwards when the climbing starts.

Both events were 1500+ riders. One continuous line of riders until the climbing starts and the gaps appear. 

I am doing stage 3 long ride tonight at 7pm. I think it is Watopia.

Watopia Big Loop, which has the 9km Epic KOM in the first half of the route. But its slightly less steep than the Innsbruck KOM.

There are already over 1300 people registered for the one at 7pm tonight!

quite impressed with the level on zwift now, gotta hit >4w/kg to be in A category sho, gonna have to find a few more watts :D

• 2 weeks later...

I did stage 6 today, long distance. It was much tougher than I bargained for. I did not do well.

I missed stages 1 and 5, so those will still be in my future after 7.

Is 7 gonna be tough, or a milk run?

I did stage 6 today, long distance. It was much tougher than I bargained for. I did not do well.

I missed stages 1 and 5, so those will still be in my future after 7.

Is 7 gonna be tough, or a milk run?

Depends :D

The route is not too bad, 240m of climbing per lap of almost 14km.

Thankfully I felt better with Stage 6 than some of the previous stages, even though my avg HR and power was quite high (for me).

Haven't missed a stage yet. I'm doing the Stage 6 race tonight at 19:10 I think. My IRL seeding went up yesterday with Paarl Cycle Tour, so I'm going to try and race in Cat B instead of Cat C tonight and see how that goes haha.

Finished 2nd place on Stage 5 Cat C race, pipped at the line with 0,005 seconds on Thursday. That's the high and low light of the tour for me so far..

Edit: On second thought, I might rather do the 05:10 tomorrow morning Stage 6 Cat B race. Legs still a bit wobbly after yesterday's race.

Edited by JohanDiv