Tacx Fortius/iMagic software

Miexed

Hi,

I have the i-flow with the white blue (T1932) head unit. I am also lucky to have a separate laptop with a full licence running (not connected to the internet anymore), so my trainer is working well during lockdown.

Saying that the guys without a licence may want to look into these 2 guys solutions. The FortiousAnt one was quite a nice simply solution that enables you to connect to Zwift. Basically takes the USB cable data from the headunit and converts it to Ant+. You can also run in manual mode with the up down buttons to increase and decrease power.

I had success connecting to zwift and did 3 rides. I felt the power calibration was not right though. They have improved it more, but being the older i-flow brake unit, I don't think mine is 100% compatible. They do support the i-magic and Fortious. They are also very helpful if you email them.

https://github.com/WouterJD/FortiusANT

This guy built a physical unit to run in manual mode or connect to zwift where he also converts the power from the USB cable to ANT+. Really liked his solution, but you have to build it yourself. He used a garmin speed/cadence sensor so it was really just the power that he had to convert to ANT+

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/131123-old-tacx-flow-into-smart-trainer/&tab=comments#comment-1871046

Hope this helps breath new life into the old trainers that Tacx is no longer willing to help with.

Hi,

I have the i-flow with the white blue (T1932) head unit. I am also lucky to have a separate laptop with a full licence running (not connected to the internet anymore), so my trainer is working well during lockdown.

Saying that the guys without a licence may want to look into these 2 guys solutions. The FortiousAnt one was quite a nice simply solution that enables you to connect to Zwift. Basically takes the USB cable data from the headunit and converts it to Ant+. You can also run in manual mode with the up down buttons to increase and decrease power.

I had success connecting to zwift and did 3 rides. I felt the power calibration was not right though. They have improved it more, but being the older i-flow brake unit, I don't think mine is 100% compatible. They do support the i-magic and Fortious. They are also very helpful if you email them.

https://github.com/WouterJD/FortiusANT

This guy built a physical unit to run in manual mode or connect to zwift where he also converts the power from the USB cable to ANT+. Really liked his solution, but you have to build it yourself. He used a garmin speed/cadence sensor so it was really just the power that he had to convert to ANT+

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/131123-old-tacx-flow-into-smart-trainer/&tab=comments#comment-1871046

Hope this helps breath new life into the old trainers that Tacx is no longer willing to help with.

Thank you for the info - I really appreciate it and will definitely look into it. I have the Fortius with the steerer, so ideally I'd love to be able to get the TTS software at some point to be able to use the VR with the steerer, but Zift is definitely not a bad alternative until we can test getting the TTs software working. And even if I can't get the software up and running, using Zwift without having to pay more money for other sensors would be amazing.

So thanks again!

Edited by Miex13

• 1 month later...

This should be possible with my computer name, my licences files etc. Also described here:

http://w47.narod.ru/tts4.html#02

No guarantees, but I'm willing to help/test when possible.

If only the lockdown gave me access to my PC  :whistling:

EDIT: It should be possible - the backup of the license files + Computer name are highlighted here as well. https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx-trainer-software-4/

Did you get it sorted Miex?

I arrived back in KL and have 13 more days left in a quarantine hotel room - can help you when I'm released.

Edited by Zatopek

Did you get it sorted Miex?

I arrived back in KL and have 13 more days left in a quarantine hotel room - can help you when I'm released.

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I haven't been able to sort it out yet, unfortunately.

Happy to hear that you're back in KL. I'd love the help later on, thank you very much.

Enjoy your day!

• 3 weeks later...

This should be possible with my computer name, my licences files etc. Also described here:

http://w47.narod.ru/tts4.html#02

No guarantees, but I'm willing to help/test when possible.

If only the lockdown gave me access to my PC :whistling:

EDIT: It should be possible - the backup of the license files + Computer name are highlighted here as well. https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/tacx-trainer-software-4/

For the record, this worked.

Any other (OLD) Tacx TTS4 users: Back up your license file and make a note of your computer name today.

Edited by Zatopek

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another note: be warned that Tacx did not switch of the license servers, only re-activation is disabled - they would happily keep them up and running, just to disable your license file when the software connects to them for some reason and the disagree.  Back up your license files!

The warning in Q1 on this site to set up firewall rules that block external communication are valuable. 

http://w47.narod.ru/tts4.html#01

It cannot be ruled out that Garmin/Tacx will try remotely via the Internet to make it impossible to use the TTS4 on your computer. We have already seen a demonstrative neglect of consumer interests in the performance of this company. Therefore, it is reasonable to use the TTS4 only when the Internet is turned off.

My annual associated Google license expired and I had to went trough the process of taking the software in permanent demo mode as described on the above site. It works.

I must say, spending a couple of hours sorting out this shite only result in a deep despise for the brand. Sure walk away after so many years, but at least release a final unlicensed version.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, Miex13 said:

Hey everyone,

I have some questions in regards to the Tacx Fortius/iMagic and it's respective software- the TTS software.

Anyways, long story probably not shorter (and messy. Sorry about that): 

Context:

A friend of mine gave me her Tacx Flow trainer to use for a while since she's not training at the moment and I've yet to get my hands on a trainer. The setup is asfollows: It's a Tacx Flow trainer with the steerer and Fortius upgrade (head unit and so on).

Tacx also did that great thing where they discontinued and completely locked the TTS software as of the start of the month. So there's no way to activate the VR software on a new PC. We also do not have access to the old laptop.

The steerer was an awesome concept (I know there's a wireless one out now), but if I understand correctly, then that whole Fortius setup needs the TTS software to work and can't just connect to the new Tacx since it's only bluetooth and ANT+ compatible and the Fortius setup is connected via USB cable.

The question:

Is there some way that someone can maybe help me get a working copy of the TTS3/TTS4 software so that I can maybe get the whole setup up and running again?

The TTS4 software can still be downloaded from the Tacx website, but upon installation, it asks for an activation code. And since the software is locked- no codes work anymore. 

I've emailed support to ask if there is a workaround for existing users, but their reply was just that the software is locked completely so they can't access it/send new codes or anything of the sort. The moment your PC breaks or something like that, then no more software.

I think that was a really idiotic move for Tacx. Not everyone with old gear can afford the new fun stuff. The least they could have done is keep the software unlocked for existing users, even if laptops are switched.

My theory is that maybe if I can get my hands on a copy that is still "activated" and maybe get it booted on an old laptop without having to install it from scratch, that I might be able to 'bypass' the lock and actually use the trainer with steerer it was intended.

So, any chance that someone has any ideas? And old lappy with the software already loaded that they're not using anymore? Or am I wasting my time?

Hi

I have managed to get FortiusAnt working with an i-Vortex unit. The setup is similar to the Flow unit. Search github.com for fortiusant. It is important to follow the instructions there precisely. My biggest problem was getting the Ant+ USB adapter to work. 

The end result is that the old Tacx trainer wil work with new trainer software, such as Zwift etc. I have tested it with Rouvy.