Helmets?

Nicomrs

Hi all,

Im looking for a new helmet, i mostly do singletrack epic like terrain, not a lot of open roads. I am planning to do some enduro races this year but im also considering doing the epic next year. I will do some stage races this year.

Im looking for a good helmet that fits the needs of enduro and xc.

Sugestiond please.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kali protective brought out a new breathable full face. I really think breathable full face helmets make sense and is slowly creeping into the norm Most face plants happen when you don't expect it. (Not always after you scream STRAAAVVAAA, spray paint your teeth silver and WITNESS MEEEE.)

Kali protective brought out a new breathable full face. I really think breathable full face helmets make sense and is slowly creeping into the norm Most face plants happen when you don't expect it. (Not always after you scream STRAAAVVAAA, spray paint your teeth silver and WITNESS MEEEE.)

Won’t get it in South Africa.

I'm still using a Bell I got in 2013. Every other week I pop it in the dishwasher to keep it smelling fresh. 

LOL when I saw your name pop up in a helmet thread it reminded me of your cleaning technique and was going to ask if you still do it.

Bell Sixer and Bell 4Forty are both highly recommended!

Also, cleaning the helmet in the dishwasher does not seem like the smartest idea. The heat could be enough to damage the foam and the glue holding it together. Some warm water and mild detergent (shampoo for example) is recommended by helmet manufacturers and is how I have always done it

Edited by the_bob

Can recommend the Leatt DBX 3 Enduro helmet as well.

It has a removable chin bar so you can use it as a full-face helmet for the enduro races and as an open-face helmet when you are doing more xc/marathon riding. It feels a bit heavier than a dedicated xc helmet but not enough that I feel the need to buy a lighter helmet just for the longer rides.

my wife still blames you for this habit - apparently the dog licking the plates in the dishwasher is fine but the sweat off my head is disgusting

LOL we have the same problem with our dogs. They either lick the plates or drink the coffee/tea/juice mixture that lies in the door before closing it.