2020 Tour Down Under

Vetplant

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Happy for Sam Bennet at his new team, Deceuninck - Quickstep, starting off the year with a strong sprint!

Yes, well done to him ..going to be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being the number one sprinter for a big team this year.

Also a good start by Impey who has 3 seconds on the other main contenders while the new rider Dylan Sunderland also gave NTT Pro Cycling and Bjarne Riis a fairly good start to the season. 

Yes, well done to him ..going to be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of being the number one sprinter for a big team this year.

Also a good start by Impey who has 3 seconds on the other main contenders while the new rider Dylan Sunderland also gave NTT Pro Cycling and Bjarne Riis a fairly good start to the season. 

Yep, happy for Impey!

Gorilla in 5th is also impressive given his form in 2019.

Impey looking good again.

Not many will bet against him at the SA's...

It will be for the best of SA cycling if he wins the SA champs again as he by far the best SA rider to do the national jersey pride in WT events. In fact, the difference in quality between him and the next best local rider remains massive.

Anyone else feel the new world champ is not going to shine this year?

I had to go google as i forgot who won it after Mr365

It will be for the best of SA cycling if he wins the SA champs again as he by far the best SA rider to do the national jersey pride in WT events. In fact, the difference in quality between him and the next best local rider remains massive.

That was so clear to see last year. He was on his own against the entire DD team who had Nic Dlamini out front and then as soon as they hit Tom Jenkins Impey just powered up to close the gap and the next time they came up he was comfortably in the lead and nobody could do anything about it.

Anyone else feel the new world champ is not going to shine this year?

Oh I feel we gonna come back to this post... one way or another...

Only time will tell. He clearly has something to work with,

2019 - World champion

2018 - 2nd at Tour of Flanders, 5th at Dwars door Vlaanderen

..question is what does he, and his team, do with it.

But it seems unlikely that he will give it as much airtime as Sagan did.

Oh I feel we gonna come back to this post... one way or another...

Only time will tell. He clearly has something to work with,

2019 - World champion

2018 - 2nd at Tour of Flanders, 5th at Dwars door Vlaanderen

..question is what does he, and his team, do with it.

But it seems unlikely that he will give it as much airtime as Sagan did.

I think he will show the jersey off more in the classics than the tours, whereas Sagan showed it off every time he wore it and Mr365 showed it off in the back of the bus while injecting.

I think he will show the jersey off more in the classics than the tours, whereas Sagan showed it off every time he wore it and Mr365 showed it off in the back of the bus while injecting.

Can't argue with that  :thumbup:

Agreed, it was nice to see the SA Flag jersey near the front of the peloton for once, not going out the backdoor like a parachute was pulled.