SA road championship 2020

Spinnekop

So........who pickup up that CSA has completely changed the distances that are (still) advertised on their website?

This was the original distances published (and it is still on the web page)

Untitled.png?format=1500w

So............if you go to the "enter page" and want to enter.........the new distances are up.

Elite men......................184km down to 175km

Elite ladies...................148km down to 109km

Vets (30+ and 40+)......148km down to 109km

So they can just change it like that?  Screw everyone that training hard over December for the long distance?

I entered BECAUSE of the distance.  109km road race in that GAT town in the East of SA is not my idea of a challenge and I would not have entered.

Anyone here willing to take a shot at a lawsuit for false advertisement?

Edited by Spinnekop

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We also only entered BECAUSE of the distance - there is no point driving all the way there for a normal 109km road race for the vet men - this is SA Champs!

We are with you regarding a lawsuit - this is ridiculous!

Sue them!

Cut off the spindly arm that feeds you (albeit scraps)!

That nose must GO!

Come on.. really? 

I get that you're disappointed but a lawsuit? 

Maybe they weren't granted road closure for a section or there were potential issues so they had to cut out some part for safety?

If everyone kicks up such a stink every time plans are forced to change, there will be no SA Champs. 

At this rate it's no wonder PPA and CSA offer so little. Everyone complains about everything no matter what.

Sue them. Spite your face.

Then cry when nothing exists in a few years time

Whats their excuse reason for cutting the distances?

20 years ago vets used to race about 120 km

Maybe the course is tough enough to justify the shorter distance...

Sue them!

Cut off the spindly arm that feeds you (albeit scraps)!

That nose must GO!

Come on.. really? 

I get that you're disappointed but a lawsuit? 

Maybe they weren't granted road closure for a section or there were potential issues so they had to cut out some part for safety?

If everyone kicks up such a stink every time plans are forced to change, there will be no SA Champs. 

At this rate it's no wonder PPA and CSA offer so little. Everyone complains about everything no matter what.

Sue them. Spite your face.

Then cry when nothing exists in a few years time

You seriously think we need them?

Hahhahahaha.

Ask CSA how their numbers are dwindling yearly.  

I for one will NEVER moan if there is nothing left.  There is the road.  I have my bike.  

I'll ride.  I definitely don't need them.  

So........who pickup up that CSA has completely changed the distances that are (still) advertised on their website?

This was the original distances published (and it is still on the web page)

Untitled.png?format=1500w

So............if you go to the "enter page" and want to enter.........the new distances are up.

Elite men......................184km down to 175km

Elite ladies...................148km down to 109km

Vets (30+ and 40+)......148km down to 109km

So they can just change it like that? Screw everyone that training hard over December for the long distance?

I entered BECAUSE of the distance. 109km road race in that GAT town in the East of SA is not my idea of a challenge and I would not have entered.

Anyone here willing to take a shot at a lawsuit for false advertisement?

Lawsuit??? Really???

Hahhahahaha.

I for one will NEVER moan if there is nothing left.  There is the road.  I have my bike.  

Just a random thought, and question, if they cease to exist who will organise the SA champs? And how would our pros get UCI registration? Does it not require them to be registered with a Local association? 

I understand they could just go and live overseas and register there but that creates a massive barrier to entry surely

Hahhahahaha.

Then why go out of your way to make such a stink about this if you don't care?

Seems conflicting.

How did they decide to hold the race there?

I can't see one logical explanation for this, I know this road very well and to be honest it is the most boring and hot route one can come up with.

My wife and I wanted to participate this year but the location and route made my decision for me.

Just a random thought, and question, if they cease to exist who will organise the SA champs? And how would our pros get UCI registration? Does it not require them to be registered with a Local association? 

I understand they could just go and live overseas and register there but that creates a massive barrier to entry surely

There will always be the Argus !

Maybe they are trying to attract entries. I would imagine the number of people willing to travel to Hoedspruit is limited, so reduce the distances to get more people involved.  

Hoedspruit was just a bad call... keeping it in, or near the main city centers is surely the way forward. Pretoria was spectacular... it was everything the sport so desperately needs, hope they get back to that formula asap

Hoedspruit......