Bar ends for Mountain bike

Shaunpr

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to google Spirgrips, never seen or heard of them. Looks decidedly odd to me......

Very comfortable and out of the way...........I use them and have seen a few around.

Bad jokes aside

Stopped using them years ago due to snagging on bushes in tight or overgrown single track.

But you're probably running way wider bars now, this is operator error

But you're probably running way wider bars now, this is operator error

With wide bars the bushes whack the ends ... with even narrow bars and bar ends the bushed grab the ends ..... I would prefer a whack to a grab :P

With wide bars the bushes whack the ends ... with even narrow bars and bar ends the bushed grab the ends ..... I would prefer a whack to a grab :P

What happened to slap and tickle?

What happened to slap and tickle?

depends if your preferences are more marathon (gentle) or #enduro (rough)

Have these on my touring MTB in and super comfy on long hauls, BUT at least once a year involves me extracting myself from a European hedge on a bridle path after being grabbed by bramble canes hanging down over the trails.  Still a better option than getting them in the crook of your arm and proceeding to strip all the thorns off into you. Don't use them at all for bush riding here, had a few radical course adjustments from vines/bushes and gave up.

post-41145-0-77976200-1579680485_thumb.jpg

Edited by geomark

Agree with the socks and saddle bag.

But honestly the whole shaving your legs as a male thing just doesn't sit right with me..............  

Clearly you have never run your fingers down a set of shaved manly quads.........

You can whack to your hearts content on your own time..... we won't tell your wife....

And I live by that.............

I have been shaving my legs for so many years I can't stand seeing hair on my legs. If you see me wearing jeans on a hot day it means I haven't shaved for a week.

I have been shaving my legs for so many years I can't stand seeing hair on my legs. If you see me wearing jeans on a hot day it means I haven't shaved for a week.

Don’t go there....

Quick delete your post before someone comes and tells everyone how they do the whole ball and crack job....