Lyne Components Shred Zeppelin: All-in-one tubeless repair tool

News bot

Dear Lyne,

another great product but please please can you use titanium hardware on your Holy rail. My bolts are replaced quarterly due to corrosion. Please Sirs

not the right place for this, but check it out... 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I've ever used my reamers :D always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

Plus one.

I don’t even carry a reamer on the bike anymore.

Can't say I've ever used my reamers :D always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

I don't even bother with the glue ????

Can't say I've ever used my reamers  :D  always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

December we stopped to help a gent on the Meerendal trails.

Hole just too big for the slime to work ... too small to get the plug in .... had to wait until another rider with a Samori Sword stopped.  One plunge with the reamer and in the plug went.

EDIT - think it is only the Samori that still includes a reamer ...

Edited by ChrisF

I don't even bother with the glue

What glue..?Maybe I have been doing it wrong

Been using monster plugs in 4 x 4 tyres for ages and was happy when they gave us the same on the bike

plug and go

Been using monster plugs in 4 x 4 tyres for ages and was happy when they gave us the same on the bike

plug and go

I know some guys use puncture repair glue on plugs ....

plug and go

have another look at the plug kit that you bought for the 4x4, or motorcycle .... they all come with a tube of puncture repair glue.  In the instructions it recommends that you replace the glue once used, as it hardens in the tube once opened.  I mostly used the glue when doing bundu repairs on the 4x4 or bikes.

NOT a good idea to seal sidewall punctures ... but when in the bush you sometimes have to ....

post-110956-0-61429100-1579717904_thumb.jpg

Have NOT seen the glue being sold with the kits for MTB ... probably because it is used with tubeless setups, where some slime is expected to seal that last little opening

Edited by ChrisF

December we stopped to help a gent on the Meerendal trails.

Hole just too big for the slime to work ... too small to get the plug in .... had to wait until another rider with a Samori Sword stopped.  One plunge with the reamer and in the plug went.

EDIT - think it is only the Samori that still includes a reamer ...

Have you not seen what the plugging tool looks like its got a point which you stick in like a knife then pull back the more resistance the better.If a thorn can get in there so can I

have another look at the plug kit that you bought for the 4x4, or motorcycle .... they all come with a tube of puncture repair glue.  In the instructions it recommends that you replace the glue once used, as it hardens in the tube once opened.  I mostly used the glue when doing bundu repairs on the 4x4 or bikes.

Have NOT seen the glue being sold with the kits for MTB ... probably because it is used with tubeless setups, where some slime is expected to seal that last little opening

No they dont and I can guarantee you I have fixed more punctures in Central Kalahari than you will in a lifetime