Lyne Components Shred Zeppelin: All-in-one tubeless repair tool

News bot

Nice idea, but pretty useless on the trails.

The bomb device could not puncture the seal on the bomb the first time I used it. I eventually had to remove the rubber seal to get it to punch which caused most of the air to blow out when I tried to bomb my tire.

The plug tool also did not cover itself in glory as it just made the hole bigger and bigger and not plugging at all.

Lots of money for nothing...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bomb device could not puncture the seal on the bomb the first time I used it. I eventually had to remove the rubber seal to get it to punch which caused most of the air to blow out when I tried to bomb my tire.

The plug tool also did not cover itself in glory as it just made the hole bigger and bigger and not plugging at all.

exactly why you need a tool WITH a reamer ....

Hi Rudi

Sorry to hear your Shred Zeppelin didn't perform as it should have. Before shipping out the product we made a change to the O-ring size to allow for a better punching on certain bombs with a concave seal. It seem you may have received one with the incorrect O-ring, we'll send out a replacement unit for you today.

As for the plug side, our plug applicator falls within the same dimensions as most popular applicators on the market (image below) so I am interested if the performance would have been any different. Was the hole perhaps pretty large to begin or in a difficult position along the tyre bead? We plugged a lot of tyres with our prototypes without fail, so your feedback is important for us for future product improvements.

Cheers

Dayle

post-94108-0-32821500-1584363381_thumb.jpg

I also had a similar issue with the Shred Zeplin. Tried to plug a tyre but it does not go in deep enough. I had to use the other devise you are comparing your Shred Zeplin to. So it wont be going on trails with me anymore.

I also had a similar issue with the Shred Zeplin. Tried to plug a tyre but it does not go in deep enough. I had to use the other devise you are comparing your Shred Zeplin to. So it wont be going on trails with me anymore.

Yip my experience as well. It does not penetrate deep enough for the plug to stay in, so you are actually just poking the hole bigger and bigger the whole time.

Hi Rudi

Sorry to hear your Shred Zeppelin didn't perform as it should have. Before shipping out the product we made a change to the O-ring size to allow for a better punching on certain bombs with a concave seal. It seem you may have received one with the incorrect O-ring, we'll send out a replacement unit for you today.

As for the plug side, our plug applicator falls within the same dimensions as most popular applicators on the market (image below) so I am interested if the performance would have been any different. Was the hole perhaps pretty large to begin or in a difficult position along the tyre bead? We plugged a lot of tyres with our prototypes without fail, so your feedback is important for us for future product improvements.

Cheers

Dayle

Thanks Dayle,

Appreciate the feedback. Ill give the new unit a try and let you know if it worked any better for me.

The hole was small to start with and would usually plug with one of the thinner plugs. I eventually had to put in the big plug just to get home.

Ill provide feedback on the replacement unit once received.

Our idea with the shorter prong design was to avoid over insertion leading to rim tape damage or pushing the plug fully in to the tyre and loosing it. The other idea is to have a solution that plugs just deep enough that the plug doesn't need to be trimmed. Whats important is that the plug is pushed in to the cavity around the prong for it to work, if not it will limit how deep you can push in the plug.

Thanks Dayle,

Appreciate the feedback. Ill give the new unit a try and let you know if it worked any better for me.

The hole was small to start with and would usually plug with one of the thinner plugs. I eventually had to put in the big plug just to get home.

Ill provide feedback on the replacement unit once received.

Thanks Rudi

I would appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

Dayle 

Our idea with the shorter prong design was to avoid over insertion leading to rim tape damage or pushing the plug fully in to the tyre and loosing it. The other idea is to have a solution that plugs just deep enough that the plug doesn't need to be trimmed. Whats important is that the plug is pushed in to the cavity around the prong for it to work, if not it will limit how deep you can push in the plug.

Plug was in the cavity and it did not work. The tool will not go with on a ride anymore. Thanks for the feedback.