Mtb major service

rogerdias

Looking for major service on a mtb including front and back shock,who do you guys advise and reasonable price?im in Gauteng

Looking for major service on a mtb including front and back shock,who do you guys advise and reasonable price?im in Gauteng

major service on fork and shock alone are going to be around 3k

major service on fork and shock alone are going to be around 3k

You'll be lucky to get away with so little. Assuming no parts need to be replaced then R3K is going rate.

If aircans', damper shafts or airspring sleeves are in need or replacement then its going to hurt pal. take a jar of vaseline or a tube of KWjelly because it will hurt.

You'll be lucky to get away with so little. Assuming no parts need to be replaced then R3K is going rate.

If aircans', damper shafts or airspring sleeves are in need or replacement then its going to hurt pal. take a jar of vaseline or a tube of KWjelly because it will hurt.

Is that not part of "repair" not a normal service.

If a car service give me a price it does not include new brake pads etc etc so I would not add that in by default.

More info will be needed.

For example: a specialized brain is VERY different price to a normal Rockshox

Fox and Rockhox rear shox have very different costs.

Fork = RS around R950

Rear = R1500

Full service of bike= R3000

Thank God I service my own bike. Only items I will send in will be rear shock and damper cartridge. And for that I have a well known Hubber in CT.

Highly recommend you do your suspension service at a suspension guru.

And while you are in for wallet pain, make sure they service your pivot bearings also.

Edited by Moridin

Is that not part of "repair" not a normal service.

If a car service give me a price it does not include new brake pads etc etc so I would not add that in by default.

well it depends, nearly every service I've had to replace an air can despite servicing the airsleeve every 50hrs. 

My Lefty costs me less to run than my rear shock unit.

Air sleeve and damper service for a rear shock is around R1500-00

fork about R1200 depending on how complex it  is.

well it depends, nearly every service I've had to replace an air can despite servicing the airsleeve every 50hrs. 

fork about R1200 depending on how complex it  is.

replace the aircan or the seals ?

air sleeve service kit retails for around R380- R450 , the service isn't extremely involved and generally has 200-350 on it for labour ( damper kit costs in the region of the same but has much much more labour involved )

Replacing the "aircan" it self is almost never needed from normal use , some thing from out side would have to strike it quite badly in order to puncture it or deform the bypass nipple , the more common external damage aircans get is from cable rub common on giant anthems from earlier years for exapmle

"fork rebuild " is used way out of proportion , someone bleeds the damper and replaces the wipers and calls it A Rebuild while A True rebuild  would involve:

Damper rebuild with new kit 

Air spring rebuild with new kit 

Lowers wash and clean with new dust wipers and bushes

which can easily cost 2800-3000 zar depending on fork model and who you use 

fork about R1200 depending on how complex it is.

Jeez, in my 20years of riding I've never had to replace an air can. Air can seals many a time yes, but the air can itself?

Wat doen jy met jou fietse?

I've typically replace the seals and that I do myself. Last time it went into the agents they said replace the air can an damper shaft as they were scored. Got the parts back and for the life of me I can't find the damage they refer to. Just saying, ...beware. someimes parts are recommended to be changed that still have a lot of life left in them.

I've typically replace the seals and that I do myself. Last time it went into the agents they said replace the air can an damper shaft as they were scored. Got the parts back and for the life of me I can't find the damage they refer to. Just saying, ...beware. someimes parts are recommended to be changed that still have a lot of life left in them.

Rockshox rear shock right?