Niner MCR full sus gravel bike

Markellis

nee bliksem we need to take A hard look at what you want from A bike that you refuse to call A MOUNTAIN bike

My question is why?

You can call your bike whatever you want, be it mountain, road, gravel hybrid whatever. It is a bike.

I think it's rad. I don't get this 'line in the sand' attitude. It looks like it would be an incredibly fun bike to ride.

Which is the point? I ride bikes for fun. 

Okes were riding full disk wheels with 'fat' tires and drop bars back in the day and were taken apart for destroying the sanctity of cycling.... But from that came mountain bikes.

I mean, I once owned a golf mk1 2 door with a 2L 16 valve turbo shoved under the bonnet. It made no sense BUT geez Louis was it fun to drive 

There was that time I had a go with this, clearly ahead of its time... was a load of crap IMHO

Might as well just ride a mountain bike if you need that but just my opinion again, I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes anyway1d74bef635a11e985b55dfccf9dd5522.jpg

My question is why?

You can call your bike whatever you want, be it mountain, road, gravel hybrid whatever. It is a bike.

I think it's rad. I don't get this 'line in the sand' attitude. It looks like it would be an incredibly fun bike to ride.

Okes were riding full disk wheels with 'fat' tires and drop bars back in the day and were taken apart for destroying the sanctity of cycling.... But from that came mountain bikes.

I mean, I once owned a golf mk1 2 door with a 2L 16 valve turbo shoved under the bonnet. It made no sense BUT geez Louis was it fun to drive

Agree, it's looks awesome.

My wondering is on the events side of things, i.e what bikes are going to be permitted for gravel only events.

My question is why?

People do race these things over incredibly long distances,so I believe there is a market.Look at the Tri Bikes.What I mean how specialized they have become

Edited by Kranswurm

There was that time I had a go with this, clearly ahead of its time... was a load of crap IMHO

Might as well just ride a mountain bike if you need that but just my opinion again, I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes anyway1d74bef635a11e985b55dfccf9dd5522.jpg

Looks friggen uncomfortable

Agree, it's looks awesome.

My wondering is on the events side of things, i.e what bikes are going to be permitted for gravel only events.

Events are the bread and butter in SA due to safety and accessability etc..

In other places guys can ride in the parks safely for days. BUT, that being said, Silk Road race, Race to the rock, Cairo to Cape Town and all of those sorts of things. Munga even.

It looks like the kind of bike that would make me want to ride it, which is rad

Events are the bread and butter in SA due to safety and accessability etc..

In other places guys can ride in the parks safely for days. BUT, that being said, Silk Road race, Race to the rock, Cairo to Cape Town and all of those sorts of things. Munga even.

It looks like the kind of bike that would make me want to ride it, which is rad

Whatever makes you wanna ride!