Are Hardtails dead?

T_Boss

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to sell my dual sus and build myself a hardtail, 

I was shocked at how expensive a new decent hardtail is. If you build it yourself you can make your money go much further.

You also can't get a new decent hardtail with a 120mm fork which what I specially wanted. Decided to go with a 120mm SID. A high handle bar height is what I need with my back issues.

post-16370-0-42001200-1595355850_thumb.jpg

Edited by ivan888

Decided to sell my Spez Epic and build myself a hardtail,

I was shocked at how expensive a new decent hardtail is. If you build it yourself you can make your money go much further.

You also can't get a new decent hardtail with a 120mm fork which what I specially wanted. Decided to go with a 120mm SID. A high handle bar height is what I need with my back issues.

Aaah,now you can join my Merida club.

Cube carbon extra large frame with a 50mm stem, 780mm carbon bar, Fox 32 SC fork, Cane Creek Thudbuster ST suspension seatpost (33mm travel), 29” DT Swiss wheels and 2.35” tyres, bike is long and extremely capable, 70 deg HT and super short wheelbase means in the right hands it’s hyper reactive in the best sense! I keep my full sus for the really rowdy ****, otherwise my HT does trail and then I slap my other wheelset with Maxxis Tt Race 2.0” tyres for gravel! No frame bearings or bushings to worry about, yup less can be more!

Edited by fusion01

Decided to sell my Spez Epic and build myself a hardtail, 

all you need is a dropper and you will be amazed at how much fun you will have!

I started on a hardtail. Had 3 top end duals....gone back to hardtail. Sworks with lauff fork. Best bike for me ever. Gone up Sani pass and down. Good rider on dual could not shake me down. Up the pass was more fun seeing him suffer with 12kg plus bike. That bike is fast on any segmant up as well. Tested it to softail. Much quicker for me. Gave bike to my eldest daughter...started buying parts and did build my current hardtail. This time with the rubber insert in frame. Dt swiss fork. More than I need. I done two Attas on single speed with rigid fork. First guy to complete K2C on any roadbike. So...for me a normal hardtail is soft. Just compare where we came from. We lost some sanity on the way. Some bikes can fly..the way they glide..as they say over the bumps..Believe they should fly next time then...why ride trails and gravel then.