In need of mtb courier dbn to p.e

Buddzi

Hi all

Any suggestions on a courier to send a 29er Hardtail from durbs to p.e?

Hi

I send and receive bikes ex PE on a regular basis via The Courier Guy - cost effective and reliable. 

+1 for XOC - used them several times and they have been reliable and cheap.

I'm curious, what would be 'cheap'? I'm also currently scouting the classifieds and I have no idea of courier charges. For example, would it be worth it buying a MTB in Cape Town and have it couriered to Centurion Gauteng?

I'm curious, what would be 'cheap'? I'm also currently scouting the classifieds and I have no idea of courier charges. For example, would it be worth it buying a MTB in Cape Town and have it couriered to Centurion Gauteng?

Depending on how well it's boxed probably around R300-350

Depending on how well it's boxed probably around R300-350

Yup somewhere around there. Maybe a little more expensive for a mtb due to the weight and box size.

Yup somewhere around there. Maybe a little more expensive for a mtb due to the weight and box size.

It's definitely not the weight, it's the volumetric size of the box that is what ends up costing, not many bikes weigh more than 20kg and even 20kg wouldn't cost much more than R200 to send with the CourierGuy.

• 6 months later...

It's definitely not the weight, it's the volumetric size of the box that is what ends up costing, not many bikes weigh more than 20kg and even 20kg wouldn't cost much more than R200 to send with the CourierGuy.

Hi, just reading this thread and I'm confused.

Checked Courier guy website and they quoting R800 for JHB to PMB.

How and where did the 200/300/350 come about?

Price would also vary depending on destination. Major route like CPT - JHB might be cheaper then JHB - PMB.

Then again, I got better pricing through Triptych resources then Courier Guy (XOC) with a bike, though I use XOC for everything else across the country.

18 months back cost me R500 from JHB - CPT for my YT Jeffsy with Triptych. Their service is great.

Price would also vary depending on destination. Major route like CPT - JHB might be cheaper then JHB - PMB.

Then again, I got better pricing through Triptych resources then Courier Guy (XOC) with a bike, though I use XOC for everything else across the country.

18 months back cost me R500 from JHB - CPT for my YT Jeffsy with Triptych. Their service is great.

Just contacted Triptych and will use them. pricing good and service sounds good.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi

How do you box a MTB, do you take both wheels off when shipping. I need a buy courier from Pretoria to Cpt.

Who’s the cheapest now between Courier guy, Triptych, Chris Willemse, Fast way couriers and XOC.