Silverback stratos Al3 vs Scott spark 960 both 2020 models

Uthmaan

What is the best buy between the scott spark 960 and silverback stratos al3.

Had the silverback brand for years but time for an upgrade. My previous bike was a hardtail but now need a softail. Price is not the issue with this is just what one is the best for investment.

I am a bit of a silverback fanboy, so that might mean I am biased..... but I would have to advise that you go for the Stratos. To me it’s a no brainer. The fork and rear shock on the silverback are far better quality, and the rest of the components are pretty much the same between them. And the silverback is a few grand cheaper.

If price isn’t the issue, then rather spend what you would have on the Scott and buy yourself the Statos 2. Then you get a Reba fork, and stans wheels as part of the package.

Agreed with Tboss. Pay the Spark 960 money for a Stratos AL 2. Great specs for the money. Also, don't be afraid to ask for a deal at your bike shop. You might get some extras or a discount

I also agree and am also a silverback fan as i had a sola 1, now superspeed 2 carbon, wife has stratos al5, our designer has an al5, friend has a slider. Rather spend a tad more and get the al3 or al 2, the frames are all the same but much better gears, front and back shocks. I weighed my wifes small al5, 13.8kg, not bad for 21k brand new. 

Stratos AL1.

Price marginally more than the 960 and significantly better components (and a little lighter than the Spark). 

*Note that you have to use your right-hand for the water bottle (in case you're a lefty). 

Edit: I see Bike Addict is selling the AL1 at a small discount. Just a nice little country drive away from you.  :whistling:

Edited by tinmug