Help!

copperhead

Anyone out there who can help? I have just received my new Hope Pro4 hub. It is a 12 speed. I need the old 11 speed. Anyone out there wanting to swop? Mine is brand new so will only do the same. Fingers crossed. Thanks. Southern Suburbs Cape Town.

Anyone out there who can help? I have just received my new Hope Pro4 hub. It is a 12 speed. I need the old 11 speed. Anyone out there wanting to swop? Mine is brand new so will only do the same. Fingers crossed. Thanks. Southern Suburbs Cape Town.

is yours shimano or sram?

I've got a shimano one

I was a bit out the loop but sorted now. Things have changed since I have done this. Normally leave it up to people who know how. Now I remember why. Thanks guys.

if whomever agreed to swop it out for you just make sure they give you the 1.8mm spacer that comes with the shimano freebody. the dealers/ distro ALWAYS forget it because they chop and change and swop freebodies depending on the order and colour available. You WILL need it for anything that is not a 11spd road cassette or youwillhave slop in the caseete after youcrank it down.

i have added this pic so many times to posts...lol

post-64325-0-28970400-1575438494.jpg

edit: also...to all you wanting to swop an '11spd' shimano for a microspline...shame on you.... :D . the new ones  are literally double the price at the sharks at the moment. 
Edited by morneS555

if whomever agreed to swop it out for you just make sure they give you the 1.8mm spacer that comes with the shimano freebody. the dealers/ distro ALWAYS forget it because they chop and change and swop freebodies depending on the order and colour available. You WILL need it for anything that is not a 11spd road cassette or youwillhave slop in the caseete after youcrank it down.

i have added this pic so many times to posts...lol

edit: also...to all you wanting to swop an '11spd' shimano for a microspline...shame on you.... :D . the new ones  are literally double the price at the sharks at the moment. 

If you are running 11 speed Sunrace cassette would the spacer need to be there?

If you are running 11 speed Sunrace cassette would the spacer need to be there?

yes

you need that spacer for anything BUT a 11spd road caseete...which is wider than a mtb casette.

if they dont get you one...get a old cassette cog spacer from an unused/old 10spd+ casette. they are around 2mm

post-64325-0-15367500-1575439261_thumb.jpg

edit: it goes behind the cassette on the freebody
Edited by morneS555

I am running 11 speed. Want to keep it this way. Need the freebody as these cassettes are much cheaper. Less than a quarter of that price. Thanks for the info though. Will try to find a freebody first. 

if you HAVE to end up buying one and sell the xd...get the Steel one instead imo, stoke had one in the shelf not too long ago....just ads slightlymore weight obviously but then you can use all the cheap and nasty casettes your heart desires without the worry of them chewing up the nice alu free body lol

This is just a quick one. I posted this in the need of help. I got a reply from a hubber. I appreciate that he was trying to assist me. Bit of back and forth and we get to me asking the question... "is it brand new?" the answer I get is "yes it is new" so he sends me pictures. Well it was not brand new. It was used. For the love of god. Why do people do this? Then he tells me that the wear on the freebody is from a month of use. Well if that is the wear from a month I don't want it. I have been mulling over whether to write this or not. 

If a question is asked please just answer it correctly. 

As you were!!

Edited by copperhead

So back to my original question which I posted earlier? Is there a "Shimano" and "SRAM" specific freebody or are they interchangeable?  I believe that I can help you out but I don't want to look like a tit by putting my hand up before making sure  :whistling:

This is just a quick one. I posted this in the need of help. I got a reply from a hubber. I appreciate that he was trying to assist me. Bit of back and forth and we get to me asking the question... "is it brand new?" the answer I get is "yes it is new" so he sends me pictures. Well it was not brand new. It was used. For the love of god. Why do people do this? Then he tells me that the wear on the freebody is from a month of use. Well if that is the wear from a month I don't want it. I have been mulling over whether to write this or not. 

If a question is asked please just answer it correctly. 

As you were!!