Rider down in Bakoven

Cape Town Tank

I saw fire and ambulance crews at the scene this morning by the Houghton Road turning.  Looked like cyclists were involved.  Traffic was carnage this morning.

Does anyone have any more details on the accident?

Passed just after. Rider was side swiped by a car in traffic.

Seemed like a broken collar bone but other than that he was ok.

Italien chap, he does fotoshoots for all the Italien brands,6 months here 6 months over there....that junction in the a.m is always been gnarly, I have had my fair almost misfortunes there aswell.

Glad his o.k ish not like the guy who got  dragged by a car for 7km after the bakiie driver realised the person is still being dragged. This was in the dailey dispatch this a.m.

Be safe guys.

what Vulgar?? sounds horrible, where did that happen ?

Edited by Jbr

It's Americo who was hit. He has posted on bikehub before and submitted race videos from his Go Pro.

Hope you feel better and get a decent insurance pay out on the bike.

I also passed by the scene, I'm not sure what the fire engine was doing there apart from blocking the road?

The paramedic who was attending to the fallen rider laughed at something he said so I'm hopeful he will be OK.

Driving home this eve, radio traffic report mentioned a cyclist down in Noordhoek area too.

Be safe out there.

Edited by Thomo