Giant Durbanville

Me rida my bicycle

Just want to say thanks to Julian and team for always being friendly and willing to help. Every experience in your shop is pleasant you guys rock!

Had a tiny issue with a over tightened little bolt and didn't want to risk stripping it with the cheap multi tool I had. They borrowed me one of their hex keys and in 2 ticks a big headache was avoided. ????????

Now to the shop just down the road from them, I hope you have a breakdown and people treat you with the same k#k attitude you did me.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to Giant Durbanville on 3 occassions looking for parts...sorry we are out of stock...

the new Giant Durbanville? I have walked out of shops that had what I want just because of shitty attitude/service and bought it at the next shop, that's just it there's always another shop.

the new Giant Durbanville? I have walked out of shops that had what I want just because of shitty attitude/service and bought it at the next shop, that's just it there's always another shop.

yip the new shop near Mugg & Bean...must say the people working there are friendly but that didn't help me in getting the parts that I wanted.

There's now 3 cycling stores essentially within a block of each other in that area. Haven't been to the new Giant store - didn't actually know it existed.

Of the other two, there is one that I will avoid like the plague - a number of years ago they serviced my road bike (major service) shortly before CTCT. Never got any call that anything was out of the ordinary or any extra work was needed; came to get the bike, was in a rush so didn't really have a look at it, paid for the service and as I'm walking out - "oh btw, your frame is cracked and you probably shouldn't ride the bike".

I couldn't prove it was their fault, but I'm pretty sure I would've noticed the sizable crack in my headtube. That wasn't really my issue with them though, my issue was how do you service a bike and take someone's money, and only afterwards tell the person that they probably shouldn't ride the bike. 

Lesson learnt

My local Giant shop is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Hence I have purchased 2 Giants off them since moving here.

And, I kinda like Giant products anyway so why the hell not.

Anyway, this tit tat is not in any way related to Giant DbVille. Julian and Colleen are fantastic people, and if I were out that end of the Boerie Curtain I'd definitely be making use of their expertise. Out of stock items or no (a special order request is always possible, and I know for a fact that some distros are a bit tardy in replenishing stock, even when requested...)

Anyway, this tit tat is not in any way related to Giant DbVille. Julian and Colleen are fantastic people, and if I were out that end of the Boerie Curtain I'd definitely be making use of their expertise. Out of stock items or no (a special order request is always possible, and I know for a fact that some distros are a bit tardy in replenishing stock, even when requested...)

I have also bought some stuff there. I have nothing against the shop. Lekker location and they do stock some really nice stuff

I just wanted to know which bike shop wouldn't help the OP...

AND, which is the "new" GIANT shop.

I have been to the "old" Giant shop a few times, the one with the entrance next to the coffee shop.  I know this shop's name changed a few months back .... so now not sure of which is the good shop ....

EDIT - Google Earth suggest the "new" Giant shop is off Durbanville Avenue, just below another shop that is next to a know hardware store....

given the way this thread went I wonder if the OP may even legally post the name and location of the "good shop" .... 

Edited by ChrisF

Also, what it is with durbanville people, 90% of the cyclists ride fancy MTB's on the road ?  :whistling:  :whistling:

some people do long distance on tar just to get to the trails.  And then the linking sections you mentioned.  I have almost 15km on tar before getting to Meerendal ...

some people do long distance on tar just to get to the trails. And then the linking sections you mentioned. I have almost 15km on tar before getting to Meerendal ...

I get that but on Wellington road going as away from Dville ? What trails is there that side ?