Giant Durbanville

Me rida my bicycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say thanks to Julian and team for always being friendly and willing to help. Every experience in your shop is pleasant you guys rock!

Had a tiny issue with a over tightened little bolt and didn't want to risk stripping it with the cheap multi tool I had. They borrowed me one of their hex keys and in 2 ticks a big headache was avoided.

Now to the shop just down the road from them, I hope you have a breakdown and people treat you with the same k#k attitude you did me.

Thank you for this thread.

I have since driven there to just to check out the new Giant shop in Durbanville.

Raymond is such a pleasant young man.  :thumbup:   I did not take up too much of his time, as I just wanted to perv at all the nice stuff ....  :whistling:

Went back a few days later to enquire about a specific range of their products.  He was very effective in explaining the the broader range line-up, then zooming in to the specific model details.  :thumbup:   :clap:

In the following days I was at most of the stores in the area, all the way to Malmesbury.  Doing my homework on the offerings from the different manufacturers.  Sadly only Raymond at Giant and Mike at Spez took the time to discuss the "model line-up" vs the rest trying to sell what they had on the floor .....

Thus I bought from Giant today.  :clap:  Not something off the floor, but something that suits my needs and my budget.  :thumbup:

BIG thanks to Raymond and Julien for your excellent service.  In fairness, Colleen was never part of the sales experience, but when I asked some unrelated questions she quickly stepped in to help out.  :thumbup:

To Mr "Me Rida My Bicycle" .... I say thank you, and my bank manager is looking for you ...

Edited by ChrisF

it is nice and blue ..... e+ 2 ..... 2019 model .... :drool: :w00t:

nice little sale, and I would not even have known about this new store had Raymond not helped our friend with an alankey ....

kan nie wag om daai blou Trance e te sien op die trails???????????????? Edited by Me rida my bicycle

First sight of the Blue Beast

post-110956-0-66549400-1582046726_thumb.jpg

drooolllll....  :drool:

post-110956-0-62490800-1582046766_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-96665900-1582046787_thumb.jpg

Still busy with rehad at the bio for my knee .... so I only took a short spin around the block .... WOW !!!  :w00t:   :clap:

only one little detail to resolve .... the bottle cage bolts are high up in the triangle.  With the standard bottle cages I can only fit a small bottle ....  would love to hear from other Trance owners, what did you do ?

With the standard bottle cages I can only fit a small bottle .... would love to hear from other Trance owners, what did you do ?

Manufacturer perhaps assuming that large bottles are unnecessary on e.? :D

I have often posted about proper bike-fitting at Irma.

RESPECT to Raymond at Giant Durbanville !!  He took more than an hour to properly set up the Giant Trance E for me.  :thumbup:

I mentioned that I may use my old saddle.  He immediately offered that I can bring the bike back with the saddle to have those setting fine tuned.

With each visit, Raymond impresses me more and more  :thumbup:

attachicon.gifTrance E-1.jpg

attachicon.gifTrance E-2.jpg

attachicon.gifTrance E-3.jpg

Still busy with rehad at the bio for my knee .... so I only took a short spin around the block .... WOW !!!  :w00t:   :clap:

only one little detail to resolve .... the bottle cage bolts are high up in the triangle.  With the standard bottle cages I can only fit a small bottle ....  would love to hear from other Trance owners, what did you do ?

sportsmans warehouse, R 349 or something for a First Ascent hip bag that takes an 800ml water bottle and has a little zipper pouch. Look no further. It's what I and several of my riding buddies use when it's a bit of a longer day but don't want a backpack. You hardly notice it when you're riding. 

Manufacturer perhaps assuming that large bottles are unnecessary on e.? :D

Seems it was placed in a central position for mounting a second battery ....

might need to use a Holy rail ...

Chris, I ask legitimately. Any reason you didn't go for the Reign-E? I ask as it's the big daddy and a helluvalot more capable and confidence inspiring, and with Essistance I'd go that way. Not that the Trance-E isn't bad, but yeah. Just curious. 

Chris, I ask legitimately. Any reason you didn't go for the Reign-E? I ask as it's the big daddy and a helluvalot more capable and confidence inspiring, and with Essistance I'd go that way. Not that the Trance-E isn't bad, but yeah. Just curious. 

Budget ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

Thankfully Giant is moving 2019 stock of the Trance E .... still more than I wanted to spend, but brilliant value for money.  :thumbup:

Across the brands there are some truly awesome bikes .... if your pockets are deep enough ....

Budget .... :whistling: :ph34r:

Thankfully Giant is moving 2019 stock of the Trance E .... still more than I wanted to spend, but brilliant value for money. :thumbup:

Across the brands there are some truly awesome bikes .... if your pockets are deep enough ....

???? I know the feeling, man. That trance e looks great though. Far cleaner than the previous gen and it's a belter of a bike.

attachicon.gifTrance E-1.jpg

attachicon.gifTrance E-2.jpg

attachicon.gifTrance E-3.jpg

congrats ... does the bike come with those good looking flats, or is that an extra?