[Event] 2020 WC XCO SERIES - Event #1

Morne Veer

Event Name: 2020 WC XCO SERIES - Event #1
When: 8 February 2020
Where: Bloemendal Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The first event, in the series of 4, kicks off on 8 February, on one of Tygerberg MTB club’s most iconic venues, Bloemendal Wine Estate. The trails of Bloemendal are of premium quality, and up to now hosted the wheels of many international stars (such as Nino Schurter, Henrique Avancini, Sam Gaze, Michiel Van Der Heijden, Andri Frischknecht, Matthias Stirnemann and Simon Andreassan), and SA hot rods such as Alan Hatherly, Gert Heyns, Matt Beers, Luke Moir to name just a few.

The event caters for all age categories, from nippers, right up to masters, and is most surely not just aimed at the top end of the field. On the contrary, continues effort are made to encourage those with more meat around their bones vs the racing snakes up front, to join in the exhilarating discipline. Despite being a hard workout, it is short in duration and riders get to recover quite quickly, vs the other disciplines such as Marathon events which keeps you in the saddle much longer. There is a huge fun element in lap-racing, and offers riders a challenging experience, but also one with great reward.

The course provides a number of viewing points for spectators, as they support their friends and family, who have to work their way up and down a 5 km course, for a number of laps (depending on category).

As per all XCO courses, there are a handful of technical features, such as a rock gardens, a step down, etc, BUT there are B lines around these, which will not cost you much more than 4 or 5 seconds.

Try something different and challenge yourself to see if you can better your own lap times, which are available immediately after each age category's event.

Any queries may be sent directly to info@wpmtb.co.za

Go to Event Page

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there to take my hiding but not XCO Ready. Is it too soon to start making excuses already? #askingforafreind  :ph34r:

XCO "ready" ....do you one ever get to that stage ??  

I am very keen to take part again, and line up with old mates as well as make some new ones.  

The XCO events is really something very special.....to think the kiddos double up on the fun at XCO events, as they have the Spur Series as well, based on the same lap format. Wonder if we make enough noise, if we can get an old toppie category going at the Spur Series ?   :clap:

I'll be there to take my hiding but not XCO Ready. Is it too soon to start making excuses already? #askingforafreind  :ph34r:

I don't appreciate you asking questions in public I asked you in private...

Nobody would've known it was you until ... :oops:

hey, if I want to be good at something I might as well be good at stupid  :clap:

hey, if I want to be good at something I might as well be good at stupid  :clap:

does that mean you are entered for Saturday's race? I think pre-online entries close tomorrow.

does that mean you are entered for Saturday's race? I think pre-online entries close tomorrow.

I'm not THAT stupid...

...entering now in order to improve my stupidity rating...

XCO "ready" ....do you one ever get to that stage ??  

I am very keen to take part again, and line up with old mates as well as make some new ones.  

The XCO events is really something very special.....to think the kiddos double up on the fun at XCO events, as they have the Spur Series as well, based on the same lap format. Wonder if we make enough noise, if we can get an old toppie category going at the Spur Series ?   :clap:

uhm .. no chance ....  :whistling:  :ph34r:

SPUR is so popular in the Western Cape they had to SPLIT it !!  Primary schools and high schools are now on different weekends.  :eek:   :clap:

going to be an interesting year to see how the new format plays out.

PS - certainly want to bring Maritz to see what the XCO is about (not to mention that I also have no idea...)

Edited by ChrisF

Sub vet reporting for action! Any signs of pre entries yet? Are there any orverseas pros lining up?

Does Donovan and Malcolm count as a Pro's?