Ibis Ripmo Af a good buy

Stephen_TM

Good day fellow hubbers

Iam looking at buying a long travel 29er.

My budget is R60k or less is also good .

I ride Helderberg,Jonkershoek and erea

Saw the the Ibis Ripmo af NX for R58k at my lbs I am very close to buying but would like to get a hear some diffrent options before I pull the trigger.

Thank you

Edited by Stephen_TM

I broke my hd3's rear triangle last year and was looking at getting the Ripmo AF as a replacement. Lots of bike for a reasonable amount. Insurance ended up replacing my rear triangle, else i would have bought the Ripmo AF.

Speak to William or the guys at Revolution about a demo bike. Once you go DW link, you will probably never go back

Good day fellow hubbers

Iam looking at buying a long travel 29er.

My budget is R60k or less is also good .

I ride Helderberg,Jonkershoek and erea

Saw the the Ibis Ripmo af NX for R58k at my lbs I am very close to buying but would like to get a hear some diffrent options before I pull the trigger.

Thank you

Yes, yes, yes. 1,000 times yes. Widely praised in the reviews, would buy. Excellent price, too. Okay, the nx isn’t exactly stellar, but it’s a darn good entry into the ibis fam. 

Local parts support for the DVO components would be a concern for me. Otherwise, for that terrain it seems like the perfect bike

Sorry, but what makes this bike good enough that one would pay R60k for a bike with NX parts ?

PS - I DONT know the brand, and would love to learn more about it

I cannot comment on the Ripmo. 

But also at least consider the new alu Pyga Hyrax/Slakline. The new alu bikes with GX spec is <R70k if I remember correctly. With RS suspension for which there is no lack of support. 

They have plenty demo bikes in Gauteng, not sure about Cape. 

@tinmug Sram NX

Thanks just looking for some reassurance.

Any other enduro bike recommendations.

Thanks for confirming. Phew, that’s a lot of money for NX (no doubts at all that Ibis makes first-class bikes).

Pyga. :-D

A big chunk of that money sits with the DVO suspension, from what i have read everyone reckons it rides better than the carbon ripmo. Groupset is in theory the cheapest thing to replace as you can do it bit by bit. Or take off the sram and put a decent groupset on.

That is a good buy. Drivetrain can be upgraded in time. Ask for a test ride, he Ibis importers are very easy to deal with. Bought a Ripley last year and there no regrets.

• 3 weeks later...