PPA winning times

EVO

Impossible. He must've been doing races behind your back.

Jokes aside, this does sound quite interesting. I know the "@" and "&" groups are split by age, so you have cases where guys in "&" have slightly lower indexes than those ahead of them in "@".

so a mate and I are same age, we do the same race which subsequently get used for CTCT seeding, my index slightly better because I was positioned higher in the bunch sprint and give or take a second or 2 difference. He get $ seeded and I get shoved into & group, logged a query to find out why that is and Racetec cannot give me an answer, go figure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes you miss the good old days where you could negotiate your seeding at their offices and seeding table.

You rock up hello I am from far away and wanna race a bit. That will be T group then young man and you will have to work your way up.

Team mate/team captain intervenes and say sno we don't agree he's used to race and we call him the motorbike please reconsider. After a bit back and forth you get a (conditional) D so that you can try out in league races.

First league race comes along bam top ten, team mate walks round seeding table hi ladies told you so! Ladies we noticed..

Next race you go and enter, these same lovely ladies young man can we have your number back? We got a nice and shiny A one.

A works its magic as you finish on the league podium. Same lovely ladies two weeks later can we confirm your postal address so we can send you your Argus invite?(Sadly never got rund to doing Argus, so as too most RSA cyclists I suck coss I don't have a best Argus time ;) )

Some other things where already the same, fifteen years on still waiting for my CSA international licence and the still must have my birth date wrong too. They also issued me a domestic licence which technically was not allowed as I already had an overseas one, jees getting old.

so a mate and I are same age, we do the same race which subsequently get used for CTCT seeding, my index slightly better because I was positioned higher in the bunch sprint and give or take a second or 2 difference. He get $ seeded and I get shoved into & group, logged a query to find out why that is and Racetec cannot give me an answer, go figure.

Interesting. Would it be possible to send a screenshot of both your index/ride used for seeding? Want to check something.

You are correct, but similarly .... according to this:

“In statistical terms, a linear regression is performed for the event relative to the indexes of the people in the event who also rode one of the base events. This determines how much the winner’s time should be adjusted and what the difficulty factor “beta” should be.”

So what Racetec is saying is …. If you have an index of 10, and you win the race, regardless of whether you are faster, you should still have an index of 10 after this particular race. So lets adjust the winners time so the line will fit.

Yes, I know I'm being facetious now ... I'm just tired of racing against an unknown opponent.  :ph34r:  :P  ;) 

I think I've found "DIE MUISHOND"

Interesting. Would it be possible to send a screenshot of both your index/ride used for seeding? Want to check something.

post-3951-0-08278100-1582096775_thumb.png

you did 4:19 for the 97km paarl cycle tour and got into &? i wouldn't be moaning!!!

The actual winner also did 4.19. You are looking at mr ghost rider pro's adjusted winning time

ok, am I missing something ... 97km race, 42 avrage, 4 hrs winner time ? (photoshopped)?

Photoshopped  :D I can't even use microsoft paint  :P  

After a refresh of their database it obviously got corrected.

post-3951-0-78629900-1582105507_thumb.png

Photoshopped :D I can't even use microsoft paint :P

After a refresh of their database it obviously got corrected.

RAcetec.PNG

Was also confused after your first post ????

And can you send your friend's one as well to compare?

And last question, was it you that went up Taal monument after the Paarl race?

Was also confused after your first post ????

And can you send your friend's one as well to compare?

And last question, was it you that went up Taal monument after the Paarl race?

yep that was me Andre ????

Not going to send my friends, you’ll have to take my word for it.