Colonoscopy and the CTCT

Wannabe

I am booked for a colonoscopy on 03/03/2020.

Will it be safe/advisable to do a long, but not very intense, training ride on the 01/03/2020, and then the CTCT the following Sunday 08/03/2020?

Will it be safe/advisable to do a long, but not very intense, training ride on the 01/03/2020, and then the CTCT the following Sunday 08/03/2020?

You need to speak to your doctor, the Hub is not really the kind of place to seek advice on this....no offense....

Firstly, make sure from your doc. The day before and about two days after you might wanna stay off the bike, otherwise you shouldn't have a problem. Unless they find something up there off course , 

Iv'e had it done twice. You can literally ride up till you need to start taking that horrible medicine to clean you out. I was riding again the next day. Both times it was different Drs and they used different medicine so the prep was different for each. The first time the prep started over 24 hours before the procedure so you need to make sure you got nothing planned for then. Not sure why you having yours but for me, riding was not an issue at all.

Like LWB, I had no issue, but chat to your Gastro.

However, I can give you one piece of advice, under no circumstances, even if a professional contract with team Sky depends on it, go for a ride after you have started taking the prep muti.

It will be the k@kest ride you have ever done. When they warn you to remain close to a toilet, they don't mean in the garden or in the lounge. They mean near the basin with your rods around your ankles already.

Trust me, you have less time you may think you do.....

However, I can give you one piece of advice, under no circumstances, even if a professional contract with team Sky depends on it, go for a ride after you have started taking the prep muti.

It will be the k@kest ride you have ever done. When they warn you to remain close to a toilet, they don't mean in the garden or in the lounge. They mean near the basin with your rods around your ankles already.

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

This is the BEST advice you will ever need in this instance. You need no other advice. Make sure you have what ever you need in the toilet ready. Tablet, phone, magazine, extra toilet paper, etc and make sure anyone else in the house uses another toilet. There ain't no holding it in while someone else uses the toilet.

Trust no fart and hydrate regularly and you should be fine.

I wasn't allowed to drink anything but the medicine iicr. They want your system EMPTY!!!! 

That prep stuff can cause dehydration. I'm no doctor, but I doubt that you will be hydrated enough for that training ride.

My wife has been through this and all the toilet comments made here are 100% true.

Take the advice of the guys above and get an opinion from your doctor first.

You need to speak to your doctor, the Hub is not really the kind of place to seek advice on this....no offense....

Beg to differ. There is a Medical Dr or two on this forum, who also cycles. Then there will be / is a number of other forum members that had the same procedure, and can talk out of experience.

Thanks for the replies guys, think I will have to revisit my plans do do a scenic drive around the Peninsula with my up country visitors, on the day before.  :whistling:

Edited by Wannabe

not my medical opinion as I work above the diaphragm- but last ride before you start taking the prep.  once on bowel prep - above advice holds stay close. Once scope done (depending on what they do/find) start riding when you feel 'normal' and  bowel function is ok. the bowel prep is designed to get you cleared out without dehydration.

As always, if you feel cr@p - you should not ride