So how much does the bike matter?

Headshot

Right you are!

But I only ride the bike on Sundays. And she has to compete with my MTB for attention.

I have an aluminium Allez linked up to my trainer for the rides during the week. 

My total mileage over the past two years (road, MTB, indoor) is around 12,000km.

But nobody ever needed to ride less!! :)

Still not good enough ..... you need to start commuting and you could easily get to around 9000km a year or 18000km without blinking an eye before weekend riding is added :P

edit: ok, enough pulling of your leg now after this

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the correct application of the bike to a race should make a difference. For instance, I did the race to the sun ( 100 miler gravel grind with odd single track and here and there ) last year on my dual suspension mtb. I will ride it this year on my carbon gravel bike that weighs half the weight and is specifically designed for gravel roads, I think and hope it will make a big difference....................

you will go faster because of better gearing, you will go slower because you are used to having it comfy with all the squish, you will go faster because more aero, but also slower because single track. you will go slower because smaller tires but also faster because smaller tires.

the Munga was a dead heat this year....a gravel bike and a DS bike crossed the line together.

all in all.....i'd say whatever the outcome...it will all be down to placebo

:P

Good of you to post and

seeing as you have all the answers,

I have 2 questions :

1) How do you lose 2kg off a pair of 2003 Ksyrium SL SSCs that weigh 1530g a pair?

2) If you can't lose 2kg off the wheels, you must lose the 2kg off the rest of the bike. How does that reduce your rotational weight ?

And I have a bonus question:

How does the changed body composition after losing 2kg of belly fat affect the body's response to exercise ?

Mavic is a very bad buy these day’s, confirm with your lbs..i promise

Which if the questions does this answer ?

Sorry, like I tell my staff, dont present me with problems, come to me with solutions

Which if the questions does this answer ?

Interesting comment on Mavic;  having ridden, raced, toured and crashed most of both their road and MTB range over the years;  my experience is that they give a lot less problems than some of the other premier brands. 

Yet again I believe this is the cycling industry and stores being their own worst enemy. Store A punts Zipp, Store B punts Chris King etc and loyal customers treat opinions as gospel.  I am sure there are many Hubbers who will never buy VW. Toyota. BMW etc for some similar reason

Have to agree with you.Best on the market.

Interesting comment on Mavic;  having ridden, raced, toured and crashed most of both their road and MTB range over the years;  my experience is that they give a lot less problems than some of the other premier brands. 

Yet again I believe this is the cycling industry and stores being their own worst enemy. Store A punts Zipp, Store B punts Chris King etc and loyal customers treat opinions as gospel.  I am sure there are many Hubbers who will never buy VW. Toyota. BMW etc for some similar reason

Interesting comment on Mavic; having ridden, raced, toured and crashed most of both their road and MTB range over the years; my experience is that they give a lot less problems than some of the other premier brands.

Yet again I believe this is the cycling industry and stores being their own worst enemy. Store A punts Zipp, Store B punts Chris King etc and loyal customers treat opinions as gospel. I am sure there are many Hubbers who will never buy VW. Toyota. BMW etc for some similar reason

I changed my mind. I think you know your ****.

Yeah but the store that punts Chris King is right.......  :ph34r:

Sorry, like I tell my staff, dont present me with problems, come to me with solutions

Do they work under you, or do you actually pay their salaries  :ph34r:

OT:

i once had an employer that always got very annoyed when you'd say "i (as in myself) work FOR you" They would always say..."we are a team and we work together"....and as such..would never throw you under the bus. you win and lose together.

You are only as good as the lowest common denominator. if the people you employ to work WITH you really only come to you with problems instead of solutions.....then you are part of the problem imo lol