Biogen Losing The Plot?

love2fly

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the cyclist version of the mommy blogger going to Facebook to shame the big evil corporate because they use plastic packaging for her pre-made honey roasted almonds on vegan banana bread sarmies?

For the record:

I don't think it is Biogen/Dischem who is losing the plot here.

Edited by PhilipV

I'm sorry to bring this issue onto the Hub but have finally loSt my rag with Biogen/Dischem.

A few days before 947 I went to Dischem Northgate to buy Biogen Nougat energy bars only to be told that all the stock had been allocated to the expo........

Ok, no probkem, I'll just buy my stock when I collect my race number, ..........only to be told at the Biogen stand, sorry, no stock, our suppliers have let us down....ok, so 2 stories here..from 2 different people, but wait, there is a 3rd story coming too.

No problem, After nobody answering at Biogen (they operate inside Dischem and they never seem to be there...)I make a noise on Hello Peter/FB.

I get a nice mail from Ashley at Biogen saying sorry, supplier out of stock, but let me send you a hamper...

Nice, thank you very much, and I received the below in an e-mail from Ashley at Biogen after I thanked her:

............"No problem at all!

We received delivery of stock last week and therefore expect stock to be back in stores towards the end of this week."

Problem! There is still no Biogen Nougat at Dischem Northgate and when I checked a while ago, not at Randridge either........

Again, nobody at Dischem answers, Ashley (if she still works there) doesn't answer my mails and a very nice lady at Dischem Head office - Genevieve I think her name was, took up my plight last Thursday, and again, NADA!

Biogen, I finally give up, I have never struggled so much to buy a product as a consumer, I will switch to USN drink and PVM bars, you have now done your best to chase opportunity down the sales office passage, RIGHT OUT OF THE DOOR!

Funny you mention this, walked into Dischem Nicolway and asked for some Biogen nougats. Also didn't have stock, bought some USN oat bars instead, problem solved

Funny you mention this, walked into Dischem Nicolway and asked for some Biogen nougats. Also didn't have stock, bought some USN oat bars instead, problem solved

Biogen is made by USN... so this is masterful marketing from USN  :thumbup:  :devil:

Racefood make some great nougat bars called FASTBAR...they're usually in stock ;)

Thats good stuff!

See the image of the packaging below if you're determined to use nougat bars:Cranberry-and-Almond-Fastbar-Box-of-5.jp

Biogen is made by USN... so this is masterful marketing from USN  :thumbup:  :devil:

Wanted to say the same thing!!

But I hardly use any of these products. I found that the performance products used to make me crazy and even agro. LOL each to their own. I like usingg dates ad damascus nougats on long rides. Mix some game in a water bottle and all good.

Yoh!! What a travesty!

How DARE they not have stock?! More importantly, how DARE they not all know exactly when said exact stock will be arriving at all their various outlets.....

Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Shame on all of you not agreeing with the OP. He spent a great deal of time writing that post... He even changed font colour!!!

In all seriousness though, is this for real? I feel as though this can't be anything other than a joke... surely?

they really care militantly about those kinds of things lol. I have a few friends of the vegan persuasion.

some times they make life....difficult

Those vegan folk are special... Got nothing against them I believe there's a place under the sun for everyone but the guy who nearly burst into tears in Spar on Saturday evening shouting what am I going to eat now after he found a tear in the last bag of spinach on the shelves.... Dude chill there's a whole fruit and veg section I'm sure you'll find something. 

FYI Said guy was wearling a Tie dye T shirt, what looked like a sarong type thing tied around his waist, he had the greasy look in his hair and was happy as **** (up until he found the tear in the bag)