What happened to the Workshop Size Squirt Lube Product?

Reghardt van Rensburg

2 Years ago I bought a 500ml bottle called the Squirt Lube Workshop size chain lube.
That lasted me a whole 2 years. 

And it cost R160.00 from a LBS.

No I only see the 120ml - lowest price being R95.00

The distributors - https://fitsportslab.co.za/ also doesn't even have this on their product list anymore.

Goodness me, I cannot understand why it has to be this expensive per ml all suddenly.

I used Squirt for a while, it wasn't too bad but as Fanievb pointed out, it does gunk up the chain and you do need to apply the night before....

I wound up using a chain wax from BoltMan/Bearing Man that was pretty much the same in my opinion but a whole lot cheaper and you could get a big bottle of it. 

I used Squirt for a while, it wasn't too bad but as Fanievb pointed out, it does gunk up the chain and you do need to apply the night before....

I wound up using a chain wax from BoltMan/Bearing Man that was pretty much the same in my opinion but a whole lot cheaper and you could get a big bottle of it. 

squirt is not the problem, as long as you use it correctly

Smoove is a load  bottle of crap

2 Years ago I bought a 500ml bottle called the Squirt Lube Workshop size chain lube.

That lasted me a whole 2 years. 

And it cost R160.00 from a LBS.

No I only see the 120ml - lowest price being R95.00

The distributors - https://fitsportslab.co.za/ also doesn't even have this on their product list anymore.

Goodness me, I cannot understand why it has to be this expensive per ml all suddenly.

as a local product i'd just get hold of headoffice and ask directly.

but more importantly, whilst this thread is devolving into a my lube is better than your lube pissing contest, is that your actual signature in your signature avatar. is that not a terrible idea?

I'd rather use old ford tractor oil, my chain will stay gunkless much longer

I must admit that I was also a little surprised at the build up at first.

I've since revisited my application routine with improved results.

That said, not quite the experience I was anticipating.

My LBS told me that size is only for the workshop and not customers, can’t sell it, but it was freely available at other not so localBS. Have switched to Smoov, much better

Squirt has gone all corporatey since they hit the global market.

Workshop packs are now what they call B2B i.e. for bike shop consumption and the 120ml bottle is B2C or bike shop to consumer.

Ask your lbs nicely to get you the workshop packs 

pretty sure there are big bottles at cwc at the sales counter if i remember correctly (a few weeks back though) . i know because i took as small one instead...they were next to the big ones on the right most counter in the corner. then again...it might have been tire sealant but there were a few products..

Probably R1mil though...

Edited by morneS555

I've seen Bearing Man (BMG) Go Wax Lube recommended in another thread. Not sure what the price is now, but I think it will be around R200 for 500ml.

There is still a way you can get hold of a 500ml bottle of Squirt, but it involves some dedication and commitment.

You need to enter the OakValley 24hr. But, here's the catch. You also need to win the OakValley 24hr. Solo. The wine in the winner's goodie bag didn't last long, but I'm super stoked about the super duper sized bottle of Squirt that I got!