Race to the sun 167km Gravel race

Eagle Kgothatso Nong

Good day and hope this message finds all well. I have been cycling for 2 years now and have done few MTB races eg Garmin MTB 55km and have finished it in 3h10min and the likes of Discovery 947 MTB 55km and finishe it in 4 hours. I would like to do the 167 gravel race on the 9th of May 2020. Does anyone have 3 months training plans that I can use? I also have been active at gym. Mostly CrossFit and running

Please help with training programs ????????

A training plan is very rigid in my view. I have joined many many training plans only to find that there's a few days during the week that I cannot ride / train as per their plan and then it becomes a nightmare to try and catch up and wangle the plan to suit my routine.

So my opinion would be that you find something like CrossFit and or running to do during the week and then have a 50-70km ride over the weekends. Just try not to do too many "junk miles" just because you feel that you need the distance. 

The race is a very fast paced race so keeping a good tempo on the race day will ensure that you finish strong. I believe that you'll be in good shape  :thumbup: