Colnago Oval Master Titanium New Life

mkentik

I like to share with you just another project

Last summer I have purchased from Italy this beautiful Colnago Oval Master which had its share of Joy to his previous owner and it was left in its fate in a corner beaten and neglected.

After a lot of services and totally repairs i managed to bring it to a rideable condition, having changed almost everything else except frame and fork and groupset I really enjoyed for one month and it was as i expected.But my mind is restless and i thought that this frame deserves something better so i have started the total makeover of it.

And here is how was completed from beginning to end, first by painting all in chromovelato red

Further to mention that i kept the original fork which i repainted and decided just for a change and weight shed to put a Columbus minimal fork.46ce96f08ab8c54325480b17d0edb845.jpg

It is always good to see a neglected thoroughbred treated with love and getting the use it deserves! That will be a fantastic ride that can keep up with any of the late model plastic wonders! Enjoy! 

Many thanks for your kind words, fyi I cannot do nothing with the shifters as it is from shimano dura ace 7800 and cables are coming out from the side. Have a look also in other bikes with same groupset, this where made at that time to work like that44376ec58c7260b5918f7fe0cbfec649.jpg

Yes, you will have to upgrade shifters to DA 7900 or change the whole drivetrain to Campy to get rid of the antennae.

Shimano abandoned fugly out-the-side cable routing for the brifters from 7900 onwards.

Edited by Christie

Yes, you will have to upgrade shifters to DA 7900 or change the whole drivetrain to Campy to get rid of the antennae.

Shimano abandoned fugly out-the-side cable routing for the brifters from 7900 onwards.

I know that but bike came with that groupset, why to spend more money for the looks only? [emoji848][emoji848]

I know that but bike came with that groupset, why to spend more money for the looks only? [emoji848][emoji848]

Um, because it’s a Colnago? It is like the supermodel of bikes, spending more on looks is always worth it.

That said, keep in mind that it is my jealousy talking. It is a beautiful bike and you have done it justice. I hope you enjoy many miles on it.

Edited by Knersboy

Um, because it’s a Colnago? It is like the supermodel of bikes, spending more on looks is always worth it.

That said, keep in mind that it is my jealousy talking. It is a beautiful bike and you have done it justice. I hope you enjoy many miles on it.

I believe that Christie and you are right,but it don't see any fault on my bike that destroys the looks, As for the fork I had it from stock and paint did come almost cheap as it was made by my friend. 7900 shifters are handling the cables more nicely but are black and mood and I really enjoy

the glossy look of the 7800 don't you?

Nevertheless the bike will be put in a little while in the market for founding next projects as I am enjoying restoring and making unique items.

Have a sneak peak on my next projects could you guess what?

3df756bc795bdc6b4220c3dfa00dc6b4.jpgf2ce6a20fbc682539237d92269a1fe95.jpg8766263589666b2f37b9512d22dec992.jpg

Edited by mkentik

I believe that Christie and you are right,but it don't see any fault on my bike that destroys the looks, As for the fork I had it from stock and paint did come almost cheap as it was made by my friend. 7900 shifters are handling the cables more nicely but are black and mood and I really enjoy

the glossy look of the 7800 don't you?

Nevertheless the bike will be put in a little while in the market for founding next projects as I am enjoying restoring and making unique items.

Have a sneak peak on my next projects could you guess what? 5d40d3277383009f0d3c0cc8330f69d2.jpg5aede8d34e42b2af1f7548567c42dadf.jpge7a43ba984ca045f4d08bea198fc8524.jpg

Like I said it is mostly my jealousy taking. I would take it as is any day, you did a great job.

For interests sake how does it ride? I am interested in the ride of oversize tubing metal frames.

Like I said it is mostly my jealousy taking. I would take it as is any day, you did a great job.

For interests sake how does it ride? I am interested in the ride of oversize tubing metal frames.

For your guidance frame is not steel, Frame is titanium alloy with horizontal "MASTER" and diagonal tubes "drop" shaped by drawing process. Constructed of 6AL/4V Titanium. Includes Colnago Threadless Flash Carbon fork.

I say epic rides because my rides are like that after, It's an incredible machine extremely comfortable highly responsive slides like butter. Climbs very well and accelerates like a sling shot. Handles great, it's just like sitting in a very fast armchair. Nothing to add comfort, comfort and power with style.

Enjoy your bike, it looks stunning and your restoration is personal.

While I prefer my whiskey with an "e" and on the rocks, who are we to say another man can't enjoy his whisky neat.