Alu frame chafe damage repair

MeridaHFS

Morning Hubbers, 

Came back from a weekend of riding and camping only to find that my daughters handle bar (end caps also rubbed away so metal on alu contact) rubbed on my frame causing some serious damage to the paint/frame work. I'm not sure to what extent the damage on the frame is but it looks quite severe and I'm also not sure what thickness the frame is and how much material was removed... 

As it is on the headset section I would like to have it looked at and, if required, repaired by a professional. 

Could anyone please advise my next step or am I overreacting and should just have the section resprayed? 

J

post-6057-0-35475000-1581920596_thumb.jpg

post-6057-0-67742300-1581920619_thumb.jpg

Morning Hubbers,

Came back from a weekend of riding and camping only to find that my daughters handle bar (end caps also rubbed away so metal on alu contact) rubbed on my frame causing some serious damage to the paint/frame work. I'm not sure to what extent the damage on the frame is but it looks quite severe and I'm also not sure what thickness the frame is and how much material was removed...

As it is on the headset section I would like to have it looked at and, if required, repaired by a professional.

Could anyone please advise my next step or am I overreacting and should just have the section resprayed?

J

What a bummer

Hard to judge the depth or how much material was lost from the photos.

I’d guess it will be repairable, obviously you need to get someone professional to check it.

Good luck

I am sure there were some choice words said when you got home  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Indeed!! Wife just walked away and left me to do the unpacking (physically and emotionally) on my own!!