Looking for sleeveless cycling tops

Yyyy

Hello

Need some help. I am looking for Male/unisex sleeveless cycling tops locally. I found some on Amazon but they don’t deliver that product to SA.

Another question, why has sleeveless tops died?

Are there any disadvantages to it?

Is it just a questionable fashion choice?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really help you (although I feel like not helping you is helping you) but I can take a stab at your questions:

1. It makes you look like a triathlete

2. See above, plus skin is slow, so the less of it that is exposed the better

3. Again, see number 1. I wear my crisp tan lines as a mark of dedication to my sport. Sure I can't go to the beach without a rash vest for fear of ridicule and the risk of blinding all who gaze upon me but it's a small price to pay.

If you still insist on exposing your deltoids, grab a pair of scissors and gooi a DIY on a regular jersey

Hello

Need some help. I am looking for Male/unisex sleeveless cycling tops locally. I found some on Amazon but they don’t deliver that product to SA.

Ha velly good question!!

Is it a questionable fashion choice....?

Think I have a nice nDola Brand one from 25 years ago somewhere in my cupboard....

Please don't do this.

We face enough ridicule from motorists for our behavior and we cant give them questionable fashion  choices as well.

If you don't head this advise we'll just say you're a triathlete and so we cant be painted with the same brush!

I wear my crisp tan lines as a mark of dedication to my sport. Sure I can't go to the beach without a rash vest for fear of ridicule and the risk of blinding all who gaze upon me but it's a small price to pay.

???????? my niece pointed out my tan lines on the top of her voice a little while back at a "public" swimming pool, no doubt everyone saw it before she shouted to me "why have you got such a funny tan?" But I never felt like all eyes were on me up until that point. I have not been in a swimming pool since... Edited by Chadvdw67

You're only allowed to go sleeveless if you have proper guns with tats all over them. You're also only allowed to do this if you are throwing down laps in the bikepark and you can back the look up with at least a T-bog and a no footer.

Black & Red trails only. No Blues.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

As was said, sleeveless tops are more for triathlons, so if you google Zone3, Orca, etc. you should be able to get a hold of some. Fluidlines stock the Orca stuff.

Don't listen to all these negative comments  :whistling:. Get yourself some proper "wife-beaters" through our friends at Ali. 

These ones looks legit  :oops:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854064384.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.1.21bb325d0YJuYA&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.146401.0&scm_id=1007.13339.146401.0&scm-url=1007.13339.146401.0&pvid=8e31a382-3cfb-48a1-8b9b-a1c5ceaab274

Hello

NO, just no. Despite the fact that it is illegal for racing, sleeveless tops should be binned with short socks.

is it really illegal for racing ? and why ?

for that proper sleeveless look just wear your bibs with no shirt. :)

Just thinking back, at most Mtb races two decades ago, there were tons of sleeveless tops... even some of the Mtb pro's road sleeveless.

Maybe it'll come back in fashion again  :w00t:

is it really illegal for racing ? and why ?

for that proper sleeveless look just wear your bibs with no shirt. :)

It really is...

Why? Because UCI like to police unimportant things when they can barely police the important stuff.