[Event] BreedeMTB and TipTrans Trail Run

BreedeMTB

e-Bikes should not be a problem if they start at the back and only overtake when safe to do so. In other words, don't ask for track, don't overtake on single track but rather wait for the road to be wide enough so you can pass.

This was my only gripe on Fedhealth MTB, errr, Argus MTB, errr, CTCT MTB errr The MTB Challenge - knew I'd get to the current name eventually. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha... this event is tough, i might unclip and walk behind you on the rocky climbs. However I dont walk downhill, only uphill....

Ja you fall or tippy toe downhill  :devil:

:clap:  :clap:  Good news  :clap:   :clap:

Carlen answered my email, and YES, ebikes are WELCOME.

ebikes to start at the back of the field.

Carlen asked that we spread the word about the event  :thumbup:

now to get the all clear from my bio ... pretty please ... 

just no, i wont do flats.

my falling has nothing to do with my choice of pedals. i can safely say i have never had issues with clipped pedals. my issue at the moment is a bit of confidence after falling my p off... and also Dick seems to think that going blindly over an unknown jump makes you a bit of a whoos. but its ok, my sensei is a tough school master ;)

Flat pedals FTW. 

Edited by gemmerbal

:(  but fully understandable

Legally speaking - it would be an event with more than 100 participants, thus illegal until further notice.

practically speaking .... ALL sports calendars for at least the next 2 to 3 months are cleared ....

Legally speaking - it would be an event with more than 100 participants, thus illegal until further notice.

Saw another event (would rather not mention names) advertising that they are limiting their entrants to 99 people and they are hosting the event at a place with warm climate so they are encouraging people to enter

So I guess they are within the law (for today) and having a spouse that works in the hospitality industry and who will be without an income at the end of the month I certainly get their desperation. But at the same time it seems irresponsible...

Saw another event (would rather not mention names) advertising that they are limiting their entrants to 99 people and they are hosting the event at a place with warm climate so they are encouraging people to enter

So I guess they are within the law (for today) and having a spouse that works in the hospitality industry and who will be without an income at the end of the month I certainly get their desperation. But at the same time it seems irresponsible...

Problem being that there are ALWAYS 10 to 20% more people than participants ....  And putting together an event for 80 riders is hardly worth it ....

But as you rightly say .... MANY people are looking at some hard financial realities !!

Cant go into details here, but I know some of the service providers to the Epic are out of serious money .... without the next event these people are in deep poo ....  (YES, we know and agree it was the right thing to cancel the event - just noting the other side of this coin)

i thought i was the only one... :)

Flippit.... cancelled for a hoax that kills less people than base jumping... jinne. 

Flippit.... cancelled for a hoax that kills less people than base jumping... jinne.

If you want to say something stupid, at least make up a stat that could be kind of true, but this is just inserting your left foot next to the right one in your mouth.

1a186f41a1b4423f7db3b2b27b087900.jpg