2020 Tour de PPA

Sbloomer

It seems comms regarding this years Tour de PPA are a bit sparse.

I got my seeding group via SMS, but nothing else.  No race number, no starting time, nothing.  And I cant get to collect my number before the morning.

Anyone else got their numbers and start times?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this "just another PPA event".

So group seeding with your PPA season number.

Heard some mates talking of email received with start times.

Isn't this "just another PPA event".

So group seeding with your PPA season number.

Heard some mates talking of email received with start times.

From the email

START TIMES

The start times for the event categories are as follows:

*Please note – times may vary slightly due to late entries affecting group sizes / splits.

CATEGORY START TIME

06H30

06H33

06H36

Tandems 06H39

06H42

06H45

06H48

06H50

H – (two groups) 06H52 & 06H54

06H54

06H56

K – (three groups) 06H58 & 07H00 & 07H02

72 KM CATEGORY START TIME

Tandems 08H00

A - H 08H02

I – J 08H04

K – (three groups) 08H06 & 08H08 & 08H10

Please be in your start chute 30 minutes before your start. Please allow sufficient time if you are collecting your number only on the morning of the event.

Edited by -Az-

REGISTRATION

All participants must attend registration to collect an event-specific seeding sticker. PPA members need to wear their 2019/2020 PPA fun ride numbers on the day. Non-PPA members will receive an event seeded number.

Pre-registration will take place as follows:

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Revolution Cycles - Specialized Concept Store, 177 Bree Street, Cape Town from 11h00 – 14h00

Sportsmans Warehouse, Tyger Valley from 12h00 -18h00

Thursday 20 February 2020

Sportsmans Warehouse, Rondebosch, from 12h00 -18h00

On the day registration will take place as follows:

Sunday 23 February 2020

Registration at the venue from 05h00 – 06h30 for the long route and from 06h45 for the

short route.

LATE ENTRIES

Late entries are available from pre-registration at the pre-entry prices.

Late entries are also available from registration on the morning at the following fees:

Late entries at registration

Entry fee PPA members’ discounted entry fee

110 km R340.00 R240.00

72 km R320.00 R220.00

We strongly recommend that you register during the week so as to save time and cut down on that last-minute panic and long queues on the morning of the event.

You are welcome to ask a friend to collect your number on your behalf, provided s/he brings along your ID number or race number, or your timing chip.

SEEDING

You will receive an SMS with your event seeding category for Tour de PPA.

START TIMES

The start times for the event categories are as follows:

*Please note – times may vary slightly due to late entries affecting group sizes / splits.

It seems comms regarding this years Tour de PPA are a bit sparse.

I got my seeding group via SMS, but nothing else.  No race number, no starting time, nothing.  And I cant get to collect my number before the morning.

Anyone else got their numbers and start times?

Sent you a PM

The same as this year's 99er sans Odendaals

Never did this race before, what's the finish like,fast and flat or slow as the 99er?

Edited by Sbloomer

Never did this race before, what's the finish like,fast and flat or slow as the 99er?

the route is the same as this years long route 99er but the finish (at least last year's) is right before the d'urbanvale circles in adderley rd...then a neutral zone back to the racecourse.

edit: So no...no odendaal rd finish. in that sense it is faster than the 99er.

Edited by morneS555

Pretty sure they mean forcing each other into the gutter in the crosswind - hope they treat the center line as the gutter and not the yellow line on the other side of the road  ;)  :ph34r:

On a different note - does PPA have rules about gopro mounts on helmets? I know what happened to Schumie so lets not open that but will marshalls stop a rider who is wearing one?

Gutterfest as in high pace, or cross winds?

Pretty sure they mean forcing each other into the gutter in the crosswind - hope they treat the center line as the gutter and not the yellow line on the other side of the road  ;)  :ph34r:

On a different note - does PPA have rules about gopro mounts on helmets? I know what happened to Schumie so lets not open that but will marshalls stop a rider who is wearing one?

Yes they will most likely stop you as they have stopped others. Depends if they spot  you or not.