[Event] Rooibos2Muisbos

emme

Event Name: Rooibos2Muisbos
When: 14 November 2020
Where: Carmien Tea Factory/Graafwater/Lamberts Bay, Western Cape
Category: MTB

A beautiful and funfilled untimed MTB/Gravelbike/E-bike event between Carmien Tea Factory,Paleisheuwel Road and Lambert"s Bay.A choice of 107km or 38km routes is available.The short 38 km route is from Graafwater to Lambert"s Bay.The route crosses over 28 private farms,has no sand!and finishes at the world famous Muisbosskerm open air seafood restaurant outside Lambert"s Bay.

The stunning Oakpics photos on the Rooibos2Muisbos MTB Facebook page gives a very good idea of what the event is all about!

Please see www.rooibos2muisbos.co.za for more information.

Go to Event Page

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. The route looks very scenic.

Heard only good things from the people I know who rode it last year.

imo would be great if they can add timing.

This could be a nice alternative for the now missing 1 day race that the Cederberg 100 miler used to offer. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please note the Facebook page of this event has been hacked.Please use website while this is sorted  out!

• 1 month later...

Please note our facebook page Rooibos2Muisbos has been unhacked and we are back on the air!!

Please also have a look at the latest information on the www.rooibos2muisbos.co.za website.The most important being that we have sourced a new title sponsor and the start venue for the 107km will now be at the Carmien Tea factory on the Paleisheuwel Road.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the "no sand, only thorns" was a ******* lie... As was the distance...

Firstly, there were a good number of very loose sandy patches, which saw everyone having to push bikes.

Its also 110kms, not the 105 from the profile, or the 107 as advertised.

But, it was a great event! The Carmien tea input is awesome. The water points were absolutely fantastic with a huge selection, well stocked (even for us backmarkers), and the iced tea on offer was a revelation...

Was the first ride on my gravel bike longer than 40kms, and honestly, i dont think id take it again. I reckon about 60kms of the 110 are gravel friendly, the rest its just torture. I had 42c tyres on the spez and the sand was still an issue. But im also not hardcore so its definitely doable... How someone won on gravle bikes is beyond me tho!

All in all, fantastic event. Loved it!

How did your logistics re accommodation work

Mr Horn, im not going to lie theyre not ideal. But i think we got it close enough to right. Wife (not riding) and i and another couple stayed in citrusdal Friday and Saturday nights. Wife dropped us off, and then dropped the other lady off (she did the 38km). Fetched us all at the end.

They did have shuttle or drive your car there for you services, but i have no idea how that went.

Also did it on a gravel bike, the first 40km weren't exactly gravel bike friendly but the rest was good. All in all it was a nice day out and it was great to do an event again.  :clap: