Wahoo Tickr x HR monitor with Discovery Vitality

craiganavi

Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing a Wahoo Tickr x to track my heart rate during workouts as my Samsung Gear fit 2 pro watch I find does not track accurately during sessions and often cannot pickup my heart rate.

My thoughts are to use a Wahoo tickr x as it will be more accurate and a lot cheaper than purchasing an expensive watch since the chest strap will be linked to my phone and my phone is on my person during cycles.

So my question is the following - Is it possible to use a Wahoo Tickr x heart rate monitor to collect exercise information, sync it to a relevant app and then upload it to discovery vitality to receive points and validated workouts?

Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Craig

Don't take my word 100% for this, as I haven't used this method in quite some time. But what has worked in the past is to connect your Tickr to your phone, and then to use the Samsung S-Health App to log your workout. That then gets pushed to Discovery and you get your points.

As a side note, you don't need a Tickr X, a normal Tickr will work fine.

Edited by bertusras

Thanks for the response! Yes, that is what I'm hoping for as I use S health currently.

I will continue doing research online but I may take the dive and try it.

Thank you!