Herniated disc and Microdiscectomy L4 L5

MTB_FAN

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had done the microdiscectomy surgery and cycling again? I did mine 4 weeks ago. I am willing to give it time. Want to take enough time for rehab and to get stronger. Any advice would be appreciated.

I would say 4 weeks is a bit short. I first had the micro thing done and then a fusion 4 weeks later back in 2012. If I remember the recovery period was 6 weeks? But best to speak to the physio.

I had exactly the same procedure done 2012. First 2 months I did a lot of walking and lying down. No sitting if at all possible. Started cycling again after about 3 months. Made a full recovery. Did a lot of 3 day and one day MTB events and the odd MTB tour without any discomfort. Listen to your doctor and physio. 

I had cervical fusion last year, so very different. All I can say is that Zwift was my friend. Agree on following doctors instructions.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had done the microdiscectomy surgery and cycling again? I did mine 4 weeks ago. I am willing to give it time. Want to take enough time for rehab and to get stronger. Any advice would be appreciated.

YIP been there done that 

After that I did 3 Epic's BUT please do all your Physio and wait MIN 6 weeks before you start EAASY indoor rides