Saris Reveals Unmatched MP1 Trainer Platform with Nfinity Movement Technology

News bot

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MP1 looks like a fantastic way to improve the experience of indoor training, and it's great that it's compatible with other brands of trainer. Would be interesting to see what it costs though.

The MP1 looks like a fantastic way to improve the experience of indoor training, and it's great that it's compatible with other brands of trainer. Would be interesting to see what it costs though.

Click on the link at the bottom of the article to take you to bicyclepower's website - R20k

That's a lot of money for some plywood and tennis balls.....

Looks nice and I guess that’s going to be the trend in future... full motion IDT that is

Think I’ll stick with my old power beam for now, there are bound to be revisions and modifications initially.

Sportopia Cycles in Woodstock Cape Town had a demo of these units. 

I think they having another demo Saturday 22/02/2020

The next demo is at Cafe Neo in Mouille Point on Saturday, if I'm not mistaken. But Sportopia Cycles should also be able to arrange a demo.

Ya I saw the demo being set up yesterday. I like the idea but R20k is too steep for my blood

Not to mention the space requirements ....

Yeah I think the market would be pretty slim for this type of thing.

Someone with a dedicated pain cave and a large budget and is already well into the Zwift/Rouvy program.

Very nice tho.

They mentioned some combo deals, such as the H3 trainer + Platform+ mat + a few other items for  around R34k. 

I rode on it myself. Rather interesting feeling to have the bike move. It will take a few rides to get use to it. But once you use to it, it will be next level. 

Way too expensive for a "rocker plate". Sure it has fore/aft motion, but it costs more than most high end smart trainers! Come to think of it, only the NEO2/2T and Drivo are more expensive than this advanced "rocker plate", lol. There's another company, Inside Ride, that has an interesting design for similar indoor trainer motion, at a lower price, but is restricted to Wahoo Kickr trainers at this stage. It is still a pretty penny, but in my opinion a better option than the MP1. It is unfortunately not available for order outside North America though.

http://www.insideride.com/buy/kickr-e-flex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPgTPi7mts8

https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/inside-ride-kickr-e-flex-trainer-motion-system/20469

Internationally, the market for these things are huge. I perceive the people to spend more money on their winter paincaves due to the amount of time they spend there due to adverse weather.

Edit:

we are blessed with climate, you can go for a mid-day afternoon ride in winter that is still very pleasant.

Indoor only reserved for rain days and weekday time-restricted individuals.

Edited by RocknRolla