Karoo burn

Breezer

8 of us from the Cape Multisport Club here. Looking forward to it, just hope there's not too much wind (was a killer last time I did the transkaroo)

Enjoy!

It was crazy hard. Absolutely no free miles - maybe the Katbakkies pass descent, but that was just as scary for me due to failed back brakes.

We had 3 DNFs out of our 8, and I know of a lot of other really strong/fit guys not finishing.

Can't really fault the event organizers, all the support/food/waterpoints we're well stocked and good support along the way.

I just think we all underestimated the race. The wind and heat was a killer. It was Much harder than 36one and TB (for me at least)

I did not finish, so I do not know

Just curious

Did you ride it on your gravel bike? Is it actually an advantage over a mtb on the heavy corrugations in the area?

Where did you withdraw?

At waterpoint 3 around 134km. Race doctor and paramedics thought I had a heart attack according to the ecg machine, but the blood tests at the hospital was negative.

Just curious

Did you ride it on your gravel bike? Is it actually an advantage over a mtb on the heavy corrugations in the area?

I was on my mtb, but the part that I did was in very good condition.

I did it on my new GR bike 1 week old...My partner pulled out at 104km,his heart rate was maxing out, needs to do test to see at what the cause for it was, not first time.

I decided to push on.

The roads wasnt that rough, or not rougher than TB is if thats the standard to go by. The heat/fatigue/wind was relentless.

Katbakkies, what a flippen climb. Take no prisoners, wholy moly.

The descent was very fast 75clicks I clocked before slamming the brakes, think the mtb brakes are stronger that gr brakes....

At no point I wanted to stop, just had a sense of humor failure when I struggled to navigate the sand at 210km...I pushed the bike for 50m and hopped back on. Sand was a 5km stretch....

Saw a lot off Ribbok ,as I entered dusk with 15km to go....very pretty landscape with the pink mountains.

This event is by far The hardest off all the Ultras I have done so far!!

Be prepared if you think of doing this...

I think fellow hubber @boink finished in 5th place mens (8th place overall)  in the two man team section.  He's done a few long races - and he said this one was 'hard'.   :clap:

Edited by Dubber