UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great women's race today - definitely a new breed of young athletes coming through (along with a 40 year old)

am i the only one who finds it ridiculous that they have to mention Emily batty just because she is a red bull athlete...i mean she has not really been on the front end of racing in the past 2 or 3 years

That commentary team .. they are like that, they keep on and on about certain things (esp. Rob) like dropper seat posts and Anika Long one , all whilst the race is unfolding in front of them. Not too sure why they still are there, but hey, its for free and its a great service so should not be complaining,

That commentary team .. they are like that, they keep on and on about certain things (esp. Rob) like dropper seat posts and Anika Long one , all whilst the race is unfolding in front of them. Not too sure why they still are there, but hey, its for free and its a great service so should not be complaining,

I really don't mind the commentary team. At least Rob has stopped going on about 29" wheels now that he has dropper posts to discuss! Ha ha.

To his credit he had polished up on his knowledge a helluva lot on the past couple of years compared to when he first started commenting on cross country. I would say his knowledge is sufficient enough now to give an informed perspective on the race.

Simons wins in his first Elite Race after moving up from U23s....

Last guy to do that was Sam Gaze ????

Bart Brentjens is the 1st Olympic XCO gold winner! 

He also spends heaps of time in SA being awesome on our trails and doing our races while bringing all his mates and their mates out with him.

He can say whatever he likes.... I am a fan

Bart Brentjens is the 1st Olympic XCO gold winner! 

He also spends heaps of time in SA being awesome on our trails and doing our races while bringing all his mates and their mates out with him.

He can say whatever he likes.... I am a fan

and his unique style of english makes him interesting to listen to.

He and Rob make an awesome team. They can make watching paint dry seem exciting.

In fact Formula One Management should contact them!

and his unique style of english makes him interesting to listen to.

He and Rob make an awesome team. They can make watching paint dry seem exciting.

In fact Formula One Management should contact them!

Ja

I like them. Even when Rob goes on about dropper posts.

The technology they have now re time splits and time gains along with the coverage is awesome.

Nino was being tracked and they had said a few times that he was making up 11 to 15 seconds a lap, so it wasn't from nowhere.

I hope the kids can continue to dominate. The sport needs a shake up. MvdP was also missing from the start list so there is another guy who races at the front.

When a sport is dominated by 1 guy for so long it is always nice when the changing of the guard takes place. Well I think so anyway

I like the two clown commentators - but they are good, not for their commentating abilities, more for comic relief. Like when they repeat what the other has said about 5 times. And how they wrote Nino off after half a lap because he to their expert eyes looked like he was suffering. At least Bart has stopped saying " the root trees are very slippery". I liked his woolly hat and mask combo too.

The TDF commentators are just so much better. MTB does deserve better, but a laugh is a laugh I guess.

Ja

I like them. Even when Rob goes on about dropper posts.

The technology they have now re time splits and time gains along with the coverage is awesome.

Nino was being tracked and they had said a few times that he was making up 11 to 15 seconds a lap, so it wasn't from nowhere.

I hope the kids can continue to dominate. The sport needs a shake up. MvdP was also missing from the start list so there is another guy who races at the front.

When a sport is dominated by 1 guy for so long it is always nice when the changing of the guard takes place. Well I think so anyway

I suspect the so called "old guard" were taking it easy or at least were not as motivated as they would normally be. They have little to prove while the young guns had an opportunity to shine in a race that really means very little. Most will be focused on worlds and next years season already. Much as I liked the racing I also wonder why they even bothered to have this event.

I suspect the so called "old guard" were taking it easy or at least were not as motivated as they would normally be. They have little to prove while the young guns had an opportunity to shine in a race that really means very little. Most will be focused on worlds and next years season already. Much as I liked the racing I also wonder why they even bothered to have this event.

1 would be the sponsors. Try and get something out of the season. And to hold a world champs where nobody has had any racing probably not the best idea. So gives riders a chance to get some 'race' legs.

I don't think old guard took it easy. Nino suffered from starting on 4th row. went too hard to get to the front and then blew up a bit. Recovered and rode hard through the field. Another lap he may have caught the leaders.

Others probably suffering from lack of racing.

If anything they may be a little cautious to not fall a week before worlds. And someone like Nino really wants that extra world cup win to break the record.

Avancini was giving it horns, Schurter was cracking the whip, Morrot was up there, Fumic was way back when he stacked it on the roots, Flueckiger exploded in a ball of glorious fire after throwing the kitchen sink.......

Sam Gaze has been off the pace for a while.... Who else is there?

I don't think the older guys were taking it easy. I do think that young bodies adjust to fast racing quicker.

The 3 races in such quick succession will be telling, so we will see at worlds. 

MvdP will add some power and spice to the mix too